What's new

Jump On In, The Water's Fine - Newbie Straight Razor PIF

Some last-day entries! Nice!

Winner will be chosen sometime this evening -- probably later rather than earlier.

I'll jump IN. I've been a DE and carts most of my life. I've had a barber wield the straight, but never had one in my hand. I've always been intimidated, but the number of folks on this forum who've been straight shaving have given me a little bit of courage.

I'm in. I've considered trying straight razor shaving, but am hesitant due to costs. And if its not for me, I know exactly who i'd PIF it to.

Thanks for the pif! I'm in! I've always been interested in straights, but don't have the funds to invest in a good razor. I've really enjoyed my DE shaving, but would love to try a straight.

I'm in. I'll curious about a straight razor shave. I was hesitant at first to join in but what the heck. I'll give it a shot and if not I'll send them back.

This is why I love this site true Gentlemen here! I would say I'm in, but over the last year or so I have picked up or aqquired more then a few razors none at a good " shave ready" state but I have also plunged deep in to the honing end of this culture still figuring that all out. And I would rather see it go to a person that has none of the above mentioned items. So good luck to all who are in.

I'm in. What the heck, I've always been curious and was eyeballing some in an antique store a few weeks ago.

Good to see so many guys willing to risk their faces trying something new (psssst, it's the bestest and coolest way of shaving!).

There were 62 entries. And the winner, chosen by random.org, is .... *drum roll*

Our very first jumper: @Donnchadh_Sempill .

EDIT: Random.org screenshot added (been a long day so I forgot to put it in at first).

$PIF result.png

Last edited:
Thank you VERY much! I've been dying to give straight shaving a try, now I can! I'll update my will over the weekend, and put a plastic surgeon on retainer...just in case...

Thank you VERY much! I've been dying to give straight shaving a try, now I can! I'll update my will over the weekend, and put a plastic surgeon on retainer...just in case...

Just remember: never move the blade sideways! Slices will happen immediately if you do. So, always keep the razor moving perpendicularly to the edge!

Top Bottom