What's new

July photo contest - Sunrise or sunsets

Since I won it for the month of June, I ended up carrying the torch for the July event. I figure everybody has access to sunrise and sunset. So it should be pretty easy for anyone to participate and capture an image.
At least it sounds easy. It may be harder than you think to get THAT image. So good luck to you all.
I will submit my image for the month of July in the next post.

And the standard rules for the contest:

• Winner of the previous months challenge picks new theme and starts thread.
  • You must be the photographer.
  • One entry per month.
  • Competition runs until the 19th of the Month.
  • Voting runs from the 20th - 26th.
  • The person with the most votes is the winner.
  • The winner chooses next month’s subject

proxy.php

Just got back from Mt Rushmore/Rapid City.
I specifically wanted a sunrise shot of the monument. So I got up at 0400, drove to the monument. The monument parking lot opens at 0500, and sunrise was at 0514, so i had time to get a few pre-sunrise shots as well.

This was when the sun cleared the horizon. Thomas Jefferson is basically looking straight into the sun.

I have been to the monument many times, and each time it is awe inspiring. If you can be there without the crowds, it is even better.

IMG_2152.jpeg

Stats: Canon 7D, 70mm, F/5.6, 1/60 ISO 100

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Man, I wish I had seen this a couple days ago. I got a good one Saturday evening.

Does it have to be a pic taken this month or can it be from earlier this year?

-jim
I don’t think it has to be something taken this month but it should be something recent. At least that seems to be what people expect.

I haven’t followed this competition for that long so maybe this has been answered before. Any other opinions?

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I don’t think it has to be something taken this month but it should be something recent. At least that seems to be what people expect.

I haven’t followed this competition for that long so maybe this has been answered before. Any other opinions?
For the purposes of the competition, "recent" generally means that it is taken in response to the challenge. Exceptions can , and have, been made, but that's the general rule. The idea is to not dig through the archives looking for the perfect picture, but to go out and take a new one.

For the purposes of the competition, "recent" generally means that it is taken in response to the challenge. Exceptions can , and have, been made, but that's the general rule. The idea is to not dig through the archives looking for the perfect picture, but to go out and take a new one.
Thank you.

It’s hard to choose between 2, 12 and 15. But I really like the play of the light on the water of 2.

so my vote goes to 2.

Sorry I didn’t enter. Every time I started to go shoot, no sun. Just overcast skies. Then I’m a bit lazy in the morning and tired in the evening. I could have entered a shot from 10 years ago, but that seems to violate the intention of the contest.

Top Bottom