What's new

July Challenge

I had a hard time deciding this months challeneg, and I'm still running them through my noggin.
but in order to incorporate one I really enjoy, this months' challenge is Predators.
From the lowly Fire Ant to the king of the animals the Lion. they can be in the wild or in captivity
If you are in the wild do be careful and take the appropriate precautions. trying for a Tiger shot with a 50mm lens is NOT reccommended!

The rules this month are the same as usual:
  • winner of the previous months challenge picks new theme and starts thread.
  • You must be the photographer.
  • One entry per month.
  • Try and make the image a recent one.
  • Competition runs until the 19th of the Month.
  • Voting runs from the 20th - 26th.
  • The person with the most votes is the winner.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I had plans to get a picture of a different predator today, but this fella confronted me in the bathroom last night (and shared the shower with me this morning).

IMG_20190703_020517397.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Don’t be fooled into thinking this apex predator is cute. He had just finished slaying that extension cord, and turned his attention to my fingers. Scary. :lol:

3169CAD8-845B-4982-9868-27149C0702C8.jpeg

I'm not fooled. With that crouching posture and those wild eyes. I think he's about to pounce on Kilroy's cute little wolf spider.
Great start guys!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I'm not fooled. With that crouching posture and those wild eyes. I think he's about to pounce on Kilroy's cute little wolf spider.
Great start guys!
They lull you in by being cute and purring. :)

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I'm not sure this is apex, but they ravage the heck outa fish and small mammals.

DSC_0025 (3).JPG

Some say voracious predator, others say great mosquito control. I always like seeing them and am happy they're doing their job. If I'm correct on the ID we have a youngish (at least for this short stage in his life) male Twelve Spotted Skimmer, already getting the eight white spots, but still has the yellow stripes. As he ages the white spots on the wings will get bigger and less translucent and his body will turn blue.
P1110329(rc-2).jpg

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I vote for #9 as well. My heart wanted to vote for the kitten, but the dragonfly is a stunning photo.

It's hard to vote against the kitten, and I do have a soft spot for spiders, but my vote goes to #8 . Eagles have just started making a comeback in my area the last couple years. I've probably seen 6-10 of them now, but never had a camera with me.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
It's hard to vote against the kitten, and I do have a soft spot for spiders, but my vote goes to #8 . Eagles have just started making a comeback in my area the last couple years. I've probably seen 6-10 of them now, but never had a camera with me.
Good to hear that.

2 days left to vote. unless something significat happens, Troy best start thinking about August's challenge

Top Bottom