What's new

July 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

You might have a hard time as soon as you'll discover the retail prices of Italian products on the local shelves... 😆
Have some safe travels...! 😀
@Doti B later famously said to the customs officer: “no sir, these 500 tubs of Proraso and SV were already with me when I entered Italy. I am into shaving you see. I can prove it, I am in GRUME for August” (and logged in to B&B). To which the officer said:”Ah, GRUME with @FoolishMortal ?! Why didn’t you say so!”.

Guido

Still in!
20220729_144412-01.jpeg

This Shark blade is just like a box of surprises... you never know what you get... 😉

Happy shaves!

GRUME DAY 29 (Still IN!) :letterk1:
SHARK WEEK, DAY 6

Good Day Gents!

Swimming with the sharks is so much fun!
I am glad to hear the report from @Mike M that Chomps finally returned home. As to Cousin Gerald, well, we just wish him a speedy recovery...

Today I am sharing another important Scientific Discovery. As we have learned this week, citrus scents, Arctic Cold and various vegetables, especially "potatoes when cut into chips" are effective shark deterrents. Yesterday we learned about masking scents that trigger shark attacks.

Now to the newest research. Oranges have a strong citrus scent, but, when combined with cedarwood, a strong aromatic, there is a complex interaction that appears to confuse a shark's predatory instincts. But that is only half the story.

Mr. Mike, of Portland, OR, a man ahead of his time (and a revered shark enthusiast) knew the effectiveness of combining these common ingredients. He took it a step further and combined Black Pepper in the mix. Combining orange, cedarwood AND pepper confuses sharks to the point of becoming totally disoriented. Our monitors lost contact with the entire control group when they were hundreds of miles off-shore. Their current whereabouts is unknown. Our repertoire of shark knowledge is growing by leaps and bounds.

I remain your Humble, Prestigious, Knighted, Distinguished, Award Winning, Oscar Nominated, Renowned Sharktologist, B.S. A.B.C. pHDed etc.

Good Day! :letterk1:

PXL_20220729_153512295.PORTRAIT.jpg

Still in 🙏🏽

Been real busy on the job plus nursing the wife, who suffers from Covid.
Still no craving, though. Almost finished the second GRUME in a row.
Ready for August 👊🏽

Two lovely shaves with this Souplex. I had to change the Indian Black after the second beard shave. I don't think there is any blade for me that outlasts one full beard and head shave. This Lea cream, man... awesome. I use it with plenty water. Great glide and perfect post shave skin.

ED91E7CC-B496-46C9-A45D-08F1C31F34D9.jpeg

SOTD #27
Aimed for DFS, omitting the ATG strokes given there will be pre-dinner shave tonight before heading out with my parents.
Brilliant recipe this morning - excellent results
This is the knot that killed my BAD :001_wub:
  • Truefitt & Hill Pre-Shave
  • Truefitt's 1805 (SOTM)
  • SOC Cherry Mistura
  • Mühle R89
  • Voskhod (1)
  • Kiehl's Blue Astringent
  • Speick Splash
  • Nivea Soothing Post Shave Balm
IMG_7871.JPG

Still in 🙏🏽

Ready for August 👊🏽

Two lovely shaves with this Souplex. I had to change the Indian Black after the second beard shave. I don't think there is any blade for me that outlasts one full beard and head shave. This Lea cream, man... awesome. I use it with plenty water. Great glide and perfect post shave skin.

View attachment 1496213
Wishing your wife a fast and full recovery...

Still in 🙏🏽

Ready for August 👊🏽

View attachment 1496213
Hope your wife recovers quickly!

Still in 🙏🏽

Ready for August 👊🏽

View attachment 1496213
I am wishing a speedy and full recovery for your wife!

SOTD #27 Pt II
Quick pre-dinner shave tonight probably completes my July GRUME.

Arko August will more than likely kickoff with a bang for me under the R41GS :001_tt1:
  • No Pre-Shave
  • Truefitt's 1805 (SOTM)
  • Simpson’s Special S1 - Best
  • Wilkinson Sword TTO
  • Nacet (1)
  • Shower in lieu of Kiehl's Blue Astringent
  • Speick Splash
  • No Post-Shave Balm

Date​
30.07.2022 Shark week​
Main Focus:30/31 Days in GRUME (out at 19%)
208/211 in 365 days of shaving (98%)
7/7 Days in Shark Week
Other:High Efficiency Razors in July
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
Prep:Cold splash
Cream:Lavanda
Aftershave:Proraso Green
Balm:Proraso Green
Bowl:Proraso tub / Face lather
Brush:Unbranded synthetic travel brush
Passes:WTG (N-S)
ATG (S-N)
All Gillette Slanted or Gillette Slide
Touch up pass on the neck
Razor:Fatip Piccolo Nickel with gold Gentile baseplate
Blade:Shark Super Chrome (8)
Rating:10/10 SAS/CCS/DFS/BBS

A no fuzz no stress shave to DFS and slightly BBS levels. I am awarding this shave a 10 because the blade really delivered this week. It is in its last legs as I felt the first pass. But this is where the Fatip shines: I had blade alignment issues and so one side was milder than the other. So simply turn to the other side and use that for a first pass. Meant to be I tell you.

I had fun riding the shark this week and I will definitely consider this blade as an addition to my stash.

Still in 🙏🏽

Ready for August 👊🏽

View attachment 1496213
Sterkte en beterschap voor de vrouw, Jack!

Hope the wife gets well soon!

Cheers,

Guido

Top Bottom