What's new

July 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

I think I will label myself out. I received my birthday gifts today and I could not be happier with my gifts:
  • Razorine Flatboy with 70 and 72 handles
  • Kox/Dutchy Bergamot hard soap with green Kox enemel shaving bowl
  • Haslinger Sandelholz with green Kox enemel shaving bowl
  • Travelbrush in blue aluminium (unbranded)
  • Leather toilet bag by Galen
When I get the chance I will post pictures.

Reason for labelling myself out is that I have not specifically asked for these wonderful items nor hinted, but my family did do check-ins to make sure they bought the right or wanted shaving gear. I am not sure if that fits our rules of engagement so I am following the rule 'if you have to ask you are probably out' and declare myself out. I will however continue to post and root for all remaining gents!

Date​
06.07.2022​
Main Focus:06/31 Days in GRUME (19% and potentially out)
185/187 in 365 days of shaving (98%)
Other:High Efficiency Razors in July
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
Prep:Cold splash
KCG Face wash
Proraso Green Preshave
Cream:Kox Bergamot
Aftershave:Proraso Green
Balm:Proraso Green
Bowl:Kox Enemel Green \ Proraso
Brush:Omega Proraso Boar
Passes:WTG (N-S)
XTG (NW-SE)
ATG (S-N)
Razor:Razorine Flatboy 72
Blade:Dorco Titan (1)
Rating:8/10 SAS/CCS/DFS/BBS

Notes to today's shave: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11834822

Have a Great day everyone

Those are some mighty nice new supplies!

BUT since you said "I have not specifically asked for these wonderful items nor hinted" I suggest you defer using the new supplies till next month and stay with us. Problem Solved!
Many grumers enjoy your post.

:biggrin1: John...:letterk1:
Too late John! Soaps maybe - that would be relatively easy. But receiving a Razorine and then not using it for a month?! Too BOSC for that! 😁.

But I like your thinking along!

Guido

GRUME July '22 #4

In the spirit of understanding what equipment we have and utilizing it in best way, sticked with Piccolo OC, Wilkinson blade #9 still working great, with a minor twist od using boar brush instead. Lather was much watery, but I felt like I'd need some scrubbing. For best results I'll def. stick with same equipment at least for a week/month, daily rotations - if it works for you great, not my cup of tea tbh ☺️
I prefer consistency. Still didn't affect shave, 1pass enough for DFS, but really nothing left for touch-up
Hey @couch_potato you may want to check out this thread SWS . There are a few of us who like to pick the same gear for a week. lol, it helps with daily decision fatigue!!

Wednesday July 6 - Still in

Schick Krona
Gillette Super Thin (6)
Yaqi Red Marble 24mm
Derby
Razorock XXX

IMG-4583_DSC_4583 (3).JPG

Last edited:
On T:letterk1:e 6th Day Of GRUMEing...
Still In

Flowers for my wife...💐🌷🌹

Pre-Shave: Icy cold splashes on face, neck, shoulders and arms and Glyce Lime pre-shave soap
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Grande Gentile ( henceforth called Fatip Slant)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (5)
Brush: Parker Silvertip
Soap: Bergamot and Thyme

Shave: 2X WTG
Post-Shave: Ice water splashes, Lucky Tiger Face Tonic and moisturizers

Comments

Bergamot and Thyme is a very
refreshing and enjoyable soap. It is always a special treat so I only use it ocasionally. Its scent reminds me of the old Ivory detergent from my youth...which also reminds me of

:clap:ARKO THURSDAY for anyone interested! :clap:

This is the second time in 3 days I have used the Fatip razor. Is that telling me I like using a slant?

Good Day! :letterk1:

PXL_20220706_133219563.PORTRAIT.jpg

On T:letterk1:e 6th Day Of GRUMEing...
Still In

Flowers for my wife...💐🌷🌹

Pre-Shave: Icy cold splashes on face, neck, shoulders and arms and Glyce Lime pre-shave soap
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Grande Gentile ( henceforth called Fatip Slant)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (5)
Brush: Parker Silvertip
Soap: Bergamot and Thyme

Shave: 2X WTG
Post-Shave: Ice water splashes, Lucky Tiger Face Tonic and moisturizers

Comments

Bergamot and Thyme is a very
refreshing and enjoyable soap. It is always a special treat so I only use it ocasionally. Its scent reminds me of the old Ivory detergent from my youth...which also reminds me of

:clap:ARKO THURSDAY for anyone interested! :clap:

This is the second time in 3 days I have used the Fatip razor. Is that telling me I like using a slant?

Good Day! :letterk1:

View attachment 1483776
I’m keeping my powder dry for Arko August :)

Reason for labelling myself out is that I have not specifically asked for these wonderful items nor hinted, but my family did do check-ins to make sure they bought the right or wanted shaving gear. I am not sure if that fits our rules of engagement so I am following the rule 'if you have to ask you are probably out' and declare myself out. I will however continue to post and root for all remaining gents!
My thoughts on this: If you did not hint about shaving gear as gifts, and your family came to you to ask, "Would you enjoy these items or are they wasted money?", and you said, "I would enjoy them", that's fair dinkum.

I'm open to counter-arguments (or confirmation).

I am in for July's GRUME:

Razor: King C Gillette
Brush: Omega--11126
Blade: Shark SS (Yellow Wrapper)
A/ S: Old Spice (Unless I run out)
Soap: Stirling Barbershop (Unless I run out)
Prep: Old Spice Bar Soap
Welcome!

1) @FoolishMortal - (SOTM)
2) @Balin
3) @hopper_64
4) @Guido75
5) @Multum in parvo
6) @JAHE
7) @Doti B
8) @tjsgarden
9) @kjbarth - GRUYERE
10) @iver
11) @cantujm
12) Kyle89 - out (7/3: Simpson M7 synth)
13) @cryhavoc
14) @ChriWilson - (SOTM)
15) @Alum Ladd
16) @Jack Goossen
17) @Chef455
18) @Stuart Ganis
19) @markmc
20) @sandorfi - SOTM
21) @LJBraaten
22) FL shaver - out (7/4: Palmolive soap)
23) @couch_potato
24) @bjm
25) @Dodger59
26) @sarir97
27) @zacktracy
28) @BobbyB

I’m keeping my powder dry for Arko August :)
Speaking of which...
:a17:

Top Bottom