What's new

July 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in - DFS+

EC02891A-37BF-473A-9DD6-840BC4DA4F73.jpeg

Still in. Another effortless BBS with a Feather blade. I was going to
phase them out of the rotation because they are 2 and out for me, but I think they will stay.
  • Pre-shave: Art of Shaving Unscented Pre-shave Oil
  • Brush: Simpson Chubby 1 Best Badger
  • Soap: Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop
  • Razor: Merkur Progress (4 pass, 3-3-3-1)
  • Blade: Feather (1)
  • Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

GRUME-ing on Episode 28...:letterk1:
International/Universal Shark-Week-A-Thon, Episode 5

WARNING!

DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS AT HOME!

This event was performed by a PROFESSIONALLY trained Shark-a-tologist.

E.M.T.s, M.D.s, surgeons, security, injury lawyers and helicopter transport were all on site.

As THE world renowned eminent Sharkologist, I continue to present new scientific research to the distinguished readers of the prestigious B&B Shark Journals. Other scientific journals are envious of our stature.

In previous articles we learned about the SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE of Shark Deterrence. Arctic Cold temperatures and LIME essence have already proven to be effective and safe strategies for shark defense. @Mike M is performing earth-shattering research across the pond using "potatoes when cut into chips" and lemons as an alternative shark preventative! It is a great time to be alive!

Today, I humbly present to our distinguished guest and fellow Sharktologist the latest weapon in our arsenal of Effective Shark Prevention (E.S.P.). Disregarding worldly fame and untold riches I submit to you, our dear readers the following scientifically proven research data.

We know sharks have a very keen sense of smell. But what if we can mask all offending olfactory scents and thus prevent triggering their attack instincts! Read that last sentence again. Brilliant Idea if I humbly say so myself!

It is an undisputed fact that wool's fat has the greatest masking effect of all shaving soaps known to mankind. It has been proven today that Mitchells Wool Fat will completely mask and deter a shark from instinctive attacks! Thats Incredible!!!

Since this was a double-blind study (actually nobody knew what was going on), the MWF was placed in an unmarked container. All trials used the same Feather "Popular" razor. And of course a Shark SS blade was used at all times.
There was one minor issue. The T.V. Injury Lawyers said it would be negligent and they would immediately file a lawsuit if we did not use Sec de Lime as a safety precaution.

So there you have it. The results were spectacular! Sharks can now be our friends and playmates.

Your Humble, Prestigious Distinguished World Acclaimed Premier Sharktologist, B.S. A.B.C. phed, etc.

Good Day! :letterk1:

PXL_20220728_162331404.PORTRAIT.jpg

@JAHE getting a test run in before All Aventus August? :biggrin: My son 'borrowed' my Executive Man back in June, I may have to 'borrow' it back for a few shaves!!
I couldn't wait any longer. I dig this scent, really!

You absolutely should get your hands back on this stunning soap!

Your son obviously is a man of taste 😀
I believe Executive man will be my next purchase. I have some soaps to 3017 first however.
Good call... you can't go wrong with Stirling. And Executive Man in particular.. :)

Happy shaves!

Still hangin’ around. Switched razors today, nice for a little variety. It’s a 102° on our outdoor thermometer. In the shade. In the mountains. Fans are very nice.
Posted my shave here:
Shark Week day five, and I am on razor #3. One of the positive consequences of a blade that quickly expends itself is that I can go through my razor rotation much sooner!
Prep: hot water wash, Dove Soap.
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (5)
Razor: Gillette New, Long Comb.
Soap: Mike’s Natural, Eucalyptus & Lemongrass.
Post Shave: Shower, CVS 360 soap, Aloe Vera Aftersun.
DFS+

No 🩸, but slightly more irritation than usual. The 🦈 is going to assert itself one way or the other!

Attachments

• 9C5DDD5C-C041-4931-BEBF-755B7A500589.jpeg
    9C5DDD5C-C041-4931-BEBF-755B7A500589.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Well inland and north from that. The Sierra Nevadas is what I usually say. But technically we are right on the boundary between the Sierra Nevadas and the Cascades. The boundary is fuzzy, it would take a seasoned geologist to give an accurate answer. I have a cousin in Santa Cruz. Her husband was talking about cycling into the mountains and getting out of the coastal fog today on FB.

Date​
29.07.2022 Shark week & Fatip Friday!!​
Main Focus:29/31 Days in GRUME (out at 19%)
207/210 in 365 days of shaving (98%)
6/7 Days in Shark Week
Other:High Efficiency Razors in July
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
Prep:Cold splash
Cream:Lavanda
Aftershave:Proraso Green
Balm:Proraso Green
Bowl:Proraso tub / Face lather
Brush:Unbranded synthetic travel brush
Passes:WTG (N-S)
XTG (W-S)
ATG (S-N)
Razor:Fatip Piccolo Nickel with gold Gentile baseplate
Blade:Shark Super Chrome (7)
Rating:9.0/10 SAS/CCS/DFS/BBS

I am just going to say that a Shark Super Chrome and a Fatip Gentile work very well together. There was more tugging on the first pass, but the blade continues to perform and became more smooth during the second pass. Reversed my second and third pass again and used the third pass as touch up, because I could have stopped at two.

There was 🩸! Two very tiny weepers on my account for two much pressure, but they disappeared during final splash and clean up.

Great start of the day. I will give three second blade another go, and I would also need to check it in my other razors, but if performance is accordingly I think I will actually get a sleeve.

Still in
Last nights shave
Pre-Shave: Warm water face wash
Razor: Merkur Mergress (2)
Blade: Personna Platinum
Brush: FS 3 band Silvertip Badger
Soap: MWF
Post-Shave: Alum block
Nivea 2-Phase ASL
Nivea Protect & Care ASB

Lovely shave although resulted in a few minor weepers. Still ended up with aBBS finish though. Just need to understand the relationship between the Personnas and my skin. Didn’t go for mixing soaps as I forgot. This will probably be my last shave for the month so onto August GRUME. I will join but off ti Italy for a couple of weeks so we’ll have to wait and see if I can avoid temptation
Have a good weekend all 😎😎😎😎

Still in
Last nights shave
Pre-Shave: Warm water face wash
Razor: Merkur Mergress (2)
Blade: Personna Platinum
Brush: FS 3 band Silvertip Badger
Soap: MWF
Post-Shave: Alum block
Nivea 2-Phase ASL
Nivea Protect & Care ASB

Lovely shave although resulted in a few minor weepers. Still ended up with aBBS finish though. Just need to understand the relationship between the Personnas and my skin. Didn’t go for mixing soaps as I forgot. This will probably be my last shave for the month so onto August GRUME. I will join but off ti Italy for a couple of weeks so we’ll have to wait and see if I can avoid temptation
Have a good weekend all 😎😎😎😎
You might have a hard time as soon as you'll discover the retail prices of Italian products on the local shelves... 😆
Have some safe travels...! 😀

Top Bottom