What's new

July 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

linty1

My wallet cries.
Still out.

3 things purchased in the rest of July (2 brushes and a little cup to dip my brush in). The one brush and the cup were long term purchases that I've been eyeing/planning for a while.

Not doing so well mental wise the last week or so, feeling very anxious, its a fluttery, dropping feeling in my chest that really sucks.

A slow, deliberate shave. My kid brings me joy. Deep breathes. On with the day.

Still out - SOTD DFS
I will buy some Floid Pro in August (the next reformulation to hit…) and upgrades to my travel kit:
Omega 599 Super Badger for shave sticks
Mühle STF S size for short trips when a quick dry time is preferable
Limon Kolonya for Arko August @Owen Bawn - the stuff is 160 proof :eek2: but they said that’s what Turkish Barbers use on their patrons…

I want to rejoin the GRUME for September and October and take it from there.
58924790-7E80-4364-B18A-CC353503D3AF.jpeg

Still out.

3 things purchased in the rest of July (2 brushes and a little cup to dip my brush in). The one brush and the cup were long term purchases that I've been eyeing/planning for a while.

Not doing so well mental wise the last week or so, feeling very anxious, its a fluttery, dropping feeling in my chest that really sucks.

A slow, deliberate shave. My kid brings me joy. Deep breathes. On with the day.
Kids are totally in the moment without worries of what will happen in the next second. Just playing and fooling around with them gives you a glimpse and maybe it rubs off a tiny bit as well :c9: .
Taking a short walk in the evening with the family when it cools down a bit always helps me to relax.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Still out - SOTD DFS
I will buy some Floid Pro in August (the next reformulation to hit…) and upgrades to my travel kit:
Omega 599 Super Badger for shave sticks
Mühle STF S size for short trips when a quick dry time is preferable
Limon Kolonya for Arko August @Owen Bawn - the stuff is 160 proof :eek2: but they said that’s what Turkish Barbers use on their patrons…

I want to rejoin the GRUME for September and October and take it from there.
View attachment 1302810
You mean this stuff
IMG_20210727_221711.jpg

Still in
Tonight’s shave
Pre-Shave: Hot face wash
Brush: Omega S-Brush
Razor: Gillette Black Beauty (9/9/7)
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (4)
Soap: Monsavon Bol A Raser
Post-Shave: Alum Block
Davidoff Cool Water AS Splash
Nivea Protect &Care ASB

Another comfortable BBS shave. Blade on its way out. Little bit of sting with the alum block, but all in all I’m happy 😎😎😎😎

Still in, back to trying out a Sharp Super Chrome and get a nice close, irritation free shave with it with the FaTip Gentile. I'll be dropping out for August and September as it's my birthday in September and there are some things that I will be asking for. I'll probably start asking in August so doesn't feel right claiming I am in GRUME next month while asking for shaving supplies! Good luck to everyone in August/September and I'll be back in October!

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Hawkins and Brimble Face Wash
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave Oil
- D.R. Harris Arlington (sample)

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Stirling Tea Tree, Witch Hazel & Aloe
- Hylamide Skin Serums
- Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

Tools
- FaTip Piccolo Gentile
- Shark Super Chrome (3)
- Zenith 80B Boar

Fragrance for the day
- Floris Santal

Still Out.

Took the Wunderbar for a spin and I was anxious to see if it suits me well enough or not.

Results are excellent!

I finally got a slant razor which matches my requirements for efficiency and well behaved enough that I was shaving on Autopilot (1st shave with Wunderbar).

Skin is really happy with not a trace of irritation and no accidents at all (touchwood).

I'm patiently waiting for the Monsoon season to arrive and let me know if my current "Concoction" of aftershave is working or not.

Currently I'm using Witch Hazel and finishing up with Hyaluronic Acid.

IMG_20210728_213818.jpg

Also, TFS Mandarino Tachibana and TFS Rabarbaro Italiano are EXCELLENT soaps.
I enjoy them immensely and they are very good vegetal soaps.

Top Bottom