What's new

July 2021 Acquisitions

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
The love of my life for the past 35 yrs doesn't really comment on the number of pipes or the amount of tobacco I have, even though she detests smoking. She has so many pairs of shoes that I call her "Imelda" and she'll pull out an item of clothing that is 15 yrs old, but still has the tag on it!

Since I still have a slew of bent and straight pipes from the '80s, and have bought or traded for 4 straights and a lightly-bent baby Savinelli 404 since January, when I look at pipe inventories I tend to say, "Ah, I've got one like that." But . . .

. . . I don't have a bulldog. Or a panel pipe. Who knows, there may be something from SP or Blue Room Briars or eBay winging its way to me this month or next.

Since I still have a slew of bent and straight pipes from the '80s, and have bought or traded for 4 straights and a lightly-bent baby Savinelli 404 since January, when I look at pipe inventories I tend to say, "Ah, I've got one like that." But . . .

. . . I don't have a bulldog. Or a panel pipe. Who knows, there may be something from SP or Blue Room Briars or eBay winging its way to me this month or next.
And wouldn't ya know it, there are plenty of estate pipes on eBay that are purring at me, "Take me home, I'm a great deal!" A bulldog, a canted billiard, some Dr. Grabows . . . and some on Blue Room Briars . . . Grrrr . . .

Last edited:
Tatuaje Especial T110
47CDC5F0-A238-42BD-AAFB-C1A77618A882.jpeg

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
The love of my life for the past 35 yrs doesn't really comment on the number of pipes or the amount of tobacco I have, even though she detests smoking. She has so many pairs of shoes that I call her "Imelda" and she'll pull out an item of clothing that is 15 yrs old, but still has the tag on it!

Sounds like you have everything just how you want it.:)

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
And wouldn't ya know it, there are plenty of estate pipes on eBay that are purring at me, "Take me home, I'm a great deal!" A bulldog, a canted billiard, some Dr. Grabows . . . and some on Blue Room Briars . . . Grrrr . . .

You seem pretty level-headed about your smoking buys. But we should have a PAD hotline around here. 1-800-PAD-HELP.

You seem pretty level-headed about your smoking buys. But we should have a PAD hotline around here. 1-800-PAD-HELP.
In the 6 months since I took up the pipe again, I've discovered there are several things I prefer in a pipe . . . affordability being one of them. (Which is why, as great as this year's Alden LE pipe looks, I didn't get in on that offer.) There are other things too. And since I already have a range of pipes i different shapes, colors, finishes, stems, etc., a lot of what's out there I look at and say, "Well, I've already got one a lot like that." At this point there has to be something more than, "I like that shape" or "Good color and grain on that one."

If a particular model, new or vintage, catches my eye, and I still like it a few days or a week later, then who knows?

A box of Brick House robustos in the Canadian government’s ridiculous new packaging. New law states that ALL cigar bands and boxes need to be black and logo free. Cohibas to White Owls. Save the children, I guess. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also some Ghurkas that were on sale from Atlantic in the US.

Should keep me smoking for a while!

F4D13BB8-4EEE-40E4-A035-F71CED94B4F7.jpeg
DE2E2521-23DF-4D14-9483-2C67877749BB.jpeg
8C45D42A-7633-4E7E-A34D-4446044C4822.jpeg

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I haven’t bought a nice pipe in years. This one came up on a favorite pipe forum last night and I had to buy it. That blue and purple stem got me. It’s from a new Russian carver named Andrey Kharitonov.

Here’s some of his info: LINK

beautiful pipe

Don’t know what if you have a Virginia pipe, but that 2018 was the first one to make me appreciate what VAs can be.
I do have some dedicated to the category of Virginias and vapers. This is my first tapered bowl drilling though. Interesting to see how it smokes compared to a standard chamber.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I do have some dedicated to the category of Virginias and vapers. This is my first tapered bowl drilling though. Interesting to see how it smokes compared to a standard chamber.
Yeah, I didn’t believe that stuff about tapered bowls. Boy, was I surprised at how it really concentrated flavors.

Top Bottom