What's new

July 2020 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

My view boils down to "have what you need and use what you have". Personally, I don't see the "re-stock" day as a "cheat" day. If a member wants something and can't resist pulling the trigger, that's fine, but I would expect that member to sit out the remainder of the month.

I've been wanting to re-knot three brushes for many months, but haven't sent them to Rudy because I have three brushes that work just fine. I may break down and send them in at some point, and if so, I'll excuse myself from the GRUME for that month.

I'm open to discussions of other opinions, but that's where I sit.
Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited:

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Yeah my request is clearly outside the spirit of restraint, but I'm still going to hold off till the 31st. Perhaps the desire might even pass? I do want to begin or continue, as the case may be, on 1 August. But as of this moment I'm still in!

Still in. Gave me face a time off from shaving.

I did want to continue in AUG but there are couple things that I want, coming out in small batches.. I do want them so I'm planning to sit in the sidelines and continue my own restraint.

Still in! Had a bit of an irritating shave last night but it's all good now.

SOTD 07292020.jpg

Still in. The last shave is in the books. Next month is going to be fun! Arko August and Shark Week. See you in the August GRUME thread. :)

Today's the last day of the July Restraint. How did that happen? Time just seems to be flying by!

Congratulations to the gents who made it through, especially those who have done multiples in a row. Personally, this GRUME marks a one-year stretch of GRUMEs without issue. It would have been longer, but a trip to NYC and a few stores therein put the kibosh on my June 2019 participation. Anyhoo...

Remember that the August thread is ready and waiting for you:

And with that, it's time for one last July...

Roll Call!

1) @FoolishMortal
2) @Flintstone65 - out (7/6: SE razors)
3) @Timeclo
4) @RTM
5) @Sotiris_A
6) @pbrmhl - out (7/6: Aftershave)
7) @Owen Bawn
8) @Schnitzel52
9) @bjm
10) @Stuart Ganis
11) @Malort
12) @StratMan - out (7/13: Soap and aftershave)
13) @Chef455

Top Bottom