What's new

July 2020 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

I really like that CG handle on you NLC.
Thanks. It's nice to look at but it has a bit more weight to it than I'd like. The common bar handle seems to be better suited for my style as it makes it more head heavy while this CG handle makes it handle heavy.

Thanks. It's nice to look at but it has a bit more weight to it than I'd like. The common bar handle seems to be better suited for my style as it makes it more head heavy while this CG handle makes it handle heavy.
I had a car like that once... great to look at, but not much fun to drive :)

...But I still think I looked like a boss behind the wheel and hated having to sell the car. Good times! :)

I'm out. I got an email from Shawn at Chatillon Lux a couple of days ago announcing that he's getting out of the aftershave/toner business to focus on his fragrance business. I have a ton of loyalty points with CL, so I became worried about losing them. I could use them on his EdTs/EdPs, but I've got several lifetimes worth already.

Chatillon Lux is my favorite aftershave. I've got every prior scent he's created, to my knowledge, with doubles for almost all of them. The new one, La Petite Prairie, was released yesterday at 10 am Seattle time. I used up most of my points to acquire one bottle, but decided I needed to support Shawn (a great guy) with an actual purchase. So I bought a second bottle.

I feel good about making it over six months in my attempt to succeed with the 2020 sabbatical, a personal best, and I try every year. I also feel good about supporting Chatillon Lux with a (minor) purchase.

I also feel good that Shawn will be providing scents to Declaration Grooming for use in Declaration's aftershaves. Declaration aftershaves are among my top three (along with Maol Grooming and, of course, Chatillon Lux), so I'm sure I'll keep in touch with the amazing scents of Chatillon Lux.

Reactions: RTM
You're a very loyal customer. Hate to see you go, but there's always August. It looks like you found products you truly enjoy using so I sincerely hope you continue to enjoy the CL offerings. And congratulations on your six months of sabbatical success.

Reactions: RTM
@pbrmhl your support is appreciated these days, I'm sure

MdC Rose or Panama 1924? That's a pretty good problem to have :)

Well, if one is forced to face the problem, one should choose something good to deal with.
I went with MdC because it was already open. Opening Panama requires a small ceremony, and I wasn't in the mood. I mean it's not every day one is unwrapping a brick of expensive Italian soap. Sometimes later on.
MdC lather is different from Núavia's but equally good. And the rose scent is perfect.

@pbrmhl your support is appreciated these days, I'm sure

Well, if one is forced to face the problem, one should choose something good to deal with.
I went with MdC because it was already open. Opening Panama requires a small ceremony, and I wasn't in the mood. I mean it's not every day one is unwrapping a brick of expensive Italian soap. Sometimes later on.
MdC lather is different from Núavia's but equally good. And the rose scent is perfect.

Thanks, @RTM. I enjoy Panama in the crock, but MdC Rose is my favorite soap (except for maybe MdC Fougere). In fact, I used Rose this morning.

You're a very loyal customer. Hate to see you go, but there's always August. It looks like you found products you truly enjoy using so I sincerely hope you continue to enjoy the CL offerings. And congratulations on your six months of sabbatical success.

Thanks, @bjm! Good luck to all of you.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I’m out. First time making it to second on the list, and now I’m the second one out. It comes in twos, right? Oh wait, that’s not right. Well what can I say, I went down with some SE’s....specifically 5 Schicks and a Gem. The Gem is going to go to someone I’m trying to convert to wet shaving, but the Schicks were just a Treewhalen thing :blushing:. A couple of black handle E2’s (different variants and rare’ish to be sure) plus a few other E’s and a navy blue G. I’ve got more Schicks than you can shake a stick at, but there’s something about trying every different type I can find that I cant seem to resist. I’m also doing a Pass Around of a 3-D printed Schick in another universe. Okay, that’s my story. I’ll see you guys in August and will be playing quietly at home. Hang tough, my friends!

Still in. Just set some synthetic knots last night and should be ready today.
What do you use to fill the gap between the bottom of the handle and the plug to obtain the desired loft? I've been considering moving one of my synthetic knots to a different handle as a test. Yeah, I need a distraction :)

What do you use to fill the gap between the bottom of the handle and the plug to obtain the desired loft? I've been considering moving one of my synthetic knots to a different handle as a test. Yeah, I need a distraction :)
I had some metal spacers that I got from a brushmaker, and leftover coins from another brushmaker, and some pennies. I used 2-3 spacers/coins to raise the loft. My synthetics are set around 57mm loft while I prefer my badgers around 52-53mm.

I had some metal spacers that I got from a brushmaker, and leftover coins from another brushmaker, and some pennies. I used 2-3 spacers/coins to raise the loft. My synthetics are set around 57mm loft while I prefer my badgers around 52-53mm.
Thank you! That may explain the slight rattle I'm able to hear from the aluminum handle of my Zenith B1 since it was accidentally knocked off the bathroom counter.

BBEA6145-3BD9-4FF1-95CF-8210005F6DDC.jpeg

That’s how foreseeable future looks like gentlemen.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
The Astor I ordered 2 weeks ago arrived. Here it is next to the Paladin I ordered 3 weeks ago. Which explains my subscription to this restraint.
Paladin Astor.JPG

Still in. Partly because I had this Gillette Flat Bottom Tech in transit...

20200708_GFBTech_before_a.jpg20200708_GFBTech_before_b.jpg

It's been in the hands of the postal services since 3 June, but it finally arrived today. It's in need of some major cleaning, but that's okay with me. Yet another distraction until the end of the month. I have another razor I purchased in June coming from the UK, but it's not yet in the system according to the tracking information. That's okay too; I have plenty to keep me busy including breaking in several boar brushes. Be well and be safe...

Top Bottom