What's new

JULY 2019 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, Summer is definitely here and the heat doesn't want to stop. At least there is air conditioning....

The sun is blazing, the days are muggy, but the hours grow less. Even though thundershowers break up the week, the hunt should continue, rain or shine. Visit the familiar places, seek out new ones, always searching for the elusive find ... and, you never know, you may stumble on that special something because ...

The Scores do await, whether in the wild and online. And when you find one, oh does it feel so good!

And Gents, when you snag one please let us know.

Because, we all want to see and think ... Lucky Dog! I need one of THOSE....

Well, Summer is definitely here and the heat doesn't want to stop. At least there is air conditioning....

The sun is blazing, the days are muggy, but the hours grow less. Even though thundershowers break up the week, the hunt should continue, rain or shine. Visit the familiar places, seek out new ones, always searching for the elusive find ... and, you never know, you may stumble on that special something because ...

The Scores do await, whether in the wild and online. And when you find one, oh does it feel so good!

And Gents, when you snag one please let us know.

Because, we all want to see and think ... Lucky Dog! I need one of THOSE....
Thanks for enabling.

Purchased these back in May and they have just arrived. Happy camper, I am. I'll be going home soon for vacation and these will come in handy as my wife drags me all over the Philippines.

I received The Holy Black Trading Co. Ruby Red Creeper Tallow Shave Soap & Barrel Aged Aftershave Splash set this past Monday and tried it out this morning for the first time. I have been using the Tangerine Creeper Secret Stash this past week and definitely prefer the Ruby. It was very cool and refreshing. I can't wait to put Ruby through its paces this coming week, but I am sure it will be a delight. It is a bit over priced, but the package is fun and as a hobby I can't complain. The splash is outstanding, but the soap base itself could use an upgrade. I find it a bit on the foamy side and prefer the CK6 formulation of the PAA soaps. Nevertheless it is slick and works well.
Steve

IMG_5238.jpg

IMG_5239.jpg

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
The Ship Grand Turk, Ron! A fiver at the local flea!
proxy.php

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
What a beaut!
A rare find indeed.
Know anything about it? A promo, a premium?
Made somewhere between 86 and 90. They sold it with a bottle of aftershave inside. There were a few different versions. This is an earlier one because they tipper(?) changed to a lever on later models.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

First of several posts for July. At the recommendation of a forum member, I picked up a synthetic from Milton at TurnNShave, a 24mm Gamechanger/Boss knot in one of his handles.
IMG_1357.jpg

So far in July, I've scored two nice marblescotch bottomed vintage brushes, a vintage Simpson AS3, A Vintage Dubl Duck strop for $30, A Vintage 8x2" Washita for $20, And a 9" Coticule for $75.

Today I received a package from Italian Barber. I picked up the unique Switch and Lupo razors. These are machined extremely well and look great. I can't wait to try them. Unfortunately the Lupo had a defect with the mounting screw bent so the head is at a slant. The fine folks at Italian Barber apologized and promptly responded, promising to send a new replacement cap. I trust their service will be impeccable and the razor will be an outstanding shaver. I can't say enough how precise the rest of the machining looks and what a great value these razors appear to offer. I guess I will be using the switch tomorrow!

IMG_5292.jpg

IMG_5294.jpg
IMG_5296.jpg

IMG_5297.jpg

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
First half of July has been busy!
Found a pair of brushes at a flea market...

Did an impromptu Holy Black Ruby Red Creeper group buy...

Picked up all of Madhat Scents parfum extrait offerings...

And found a grail set!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom