What's new

JULY 2019 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squeaking in at the last day...a pair of nice flea market scores. Black Tip and a SENATOR! $8 each and very little cleaning needed!
View attachment 1003957

When I saw the price on the Senator, I was like a kid at Halloween that found a house giving out full-size candy bars. I think I might have skipped a little bit on my way to the cashier. :clap:

Very nice!

2E9C1F59-B681-49B6-BEE2-9DF163B5D131.jpeg
I swear I just don't know what to think about things sometimes.

I'm on August restraint so I was doing some end of the month eBay browsing on Monday. I ran across a sale called "Gillette Gem Micromatic". Odd. I looked. There was a very clean Gem razor case meant for a Micromatic Flying Wing (bullet tip). But the razor inside was not a Gem. It was a gold ball end Tech.

The BIN price was $20 plus $8 shipping. Now I had already had an unboxed and slightly battered gold MMBT once known as "Denty" that I picked out of a pass around here on B&B. When I want to shave with a Gem, it's the one I use. I hammered most of the dent out, but it's still not what one would call pristine. I wouldn't have minded having a box for it, but not at that price even with the Tech thrown in. So I thought about it for awhile but decided to leave it go.

Later I looked at the ad again. The price had somehow dropped to 12.95 plus shipping.

Well now I couldn't leave it go anymore. Bought it and it arrived today. The box includes no instructions but is otherwise in excellent shape, with the blade box containing its original 2-edged blade still in the wrapper and the original paper around it. I'm not opening that. I don't know what year this box was from. Either way my well used MMBT looks a bit tatty in it, though it fits perfectly.

Meanwhile. The Tech is absolutely brand sparkling new. It's a gold post war NDC probably about as old as the box it came in. It's my second clean shiny NOS Tech. Of course I haven't a box for either one or any of my other vintage Gillettes. I don't even shave with a Tech. Too mild, and I wouldn't use one this nice even if I were a Tech user. I have no idea what I'm going to do with this thing. But at least my beat up MMBT has a home now, I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom