What's new

July 2019 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in. Back home from a week on the lake. Gotta lot of growth to mow down tonight! Head and face. Thinking about A&E St. Barts soap and AS balm tonight. Yummmm.

I'm going to make it through two months . . . sweet! I'm afraid August may be my Achilles heel, though, and in Sept I'm going to visit my son in Italy, so that's likely a bust as well. I'll finish July strong then look forward to rejoining you all in Oct.

I'm going to make it through two months . . . sweet! I'm afraid August may be my Achilles heel, though, and in Sept I'm going to visit my son in Italy, so that's likely a bust as well. I'll finish July strong then look forward to rejoining you all in Oct.

Stand strong! And if you plan your purchases and stick to the plan, that's a sort of restraint...capisci? :D

Still in! I plan to limp to the finish line, but NO August GRUME for this old guy! :a17::a17:
Sad to see you go. Hope you enjoy your treewhaling!

SOTD
Head Shave

Timeless Titanium .95OC
Astra SP x2
Simpson's Chubby 2 Best
Proraso Green soap
Osage Rub for an extra kick
Proraso Green Pre and Post shave products
Just a head shave today. 8 days of growth. Good DFS 3 pass shave. Hot in the 'Natti today so the Menthol products were welcome. Got a good nick on the back of my head on the first pass. Known trouble spot and I went too quick. Alum block and eventually a Styptic pencil stopped the bloodletting. With as much growth I had I should have used a new Feather blade or used the clippers first. Hey, only 1 nick and no irritation, I'll take it! I really need more Menthol soaps. My daughter ordered B&M Terror soap and AS. Looking forward to trying it!

Still in and August is looking good. Gotta get Arko in rotation for August.

I'm open to recommendations for a great Menthol soap! Must be a great base.
20190727_120240.jpg

SOTD
Head and Face.
Going through my Den and picked out soap and brush I have not used in months. Gonna use Czech & Speake 88. First use, had in for months and never tried it. Revisiting the Thater Behive Premium boar brush. My luck with boars sucks! Its broke in but still not as nice as a Chubby 2 Badger or Synthetic IMHO. I'll shave tonight and will post pictures and thoughts then. I have the C&S OC and it performs great. We will see in 6 hrs!

Almost there! Still temptation-free, except for some extra Gillette Rubies. Looking forward to the August GRUME.

A quick SOTD photo after today's shave...

P90730-115327(1).jpg

YAY! I made it 2 months! But I already picked at the scab this morning and ordered more soaps I don't need. Perhaps what I really need is some professional help for this SAD.

Top Bottom