What's new

July 2019 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Ditto for me!

Baby is now here safely (woohoo and praise the Lord!) but the stress getting to that point forced my hand for a little retail therapy in the form of a Blackland Dart from the B/S/T for a killer price.

No thoughts on the razor yet as I've been rocking a week old hospital / baby deliver beard [emoji1787]

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Congratulations, and welcome to little baby.soap.!

SOTD
Head and Face

Gillette Travel Kit
Astra SP x1
Simpson's Chubby 2 Synthetic Amethyst
PannaCrema Nuavia Blu
So, I recieved this NOS Gillette travel kit from @lassmanac awhile back. And have been just staring at it so today I gave it a go! I truly didn't know what to expect. Chucked in a new blade and picked a great soap and went to town. Wow! Great shave! Razor is light and the handle was not too short. 3 finger hold just like my Timeless Titanium. 3 pass face and 2 pass head. No redness, nicks or irritation, extremely satisfying. I see a lot of use from this little dude in the future. Sorry about all the pictures.....View attachment 999215 View attachment 999216 View attachment 999217 View attachment 999218
That’s awesome. I got a little travel kit as well and use it sometimes when I travel. I switched out the head with an R41’s. It’s awesome! But I historically, I’ve generally used my Feather SS instead. The DE thing is relatively new.

Ditto for me!

Baby is now here safely (woohoo and praise the Lord!) but the stress getting to that point forced my hand for a little retail therapy in the form of a Blackland Dart from the B/S/T for a killer price.

No thoughts on the razor yet as I've been rocking a week old hospital / baby deliver beard [emoji1787]

CONGRATULATIONS! That's for the safe and healthy arrival of the newborn. Nothing else matters.

Ditto for me!

Congrats brother! Enjoy that baby!!! Time flies.

Still in.
Reducing the inventory.
Going to go nuts with Haslingers, Cella,
Captain’s Choice bowl and Venture to start my second year DE shaving.

SOTD
Head and Face

Timeless Bronze .38 smooth
Astra SP x2
Simpson's Chubby 2 Synthetic Amethyst
D.R. Harris Lavender
Captain's Choice ceramic bowl
Post.. Thayers Unscented and Brut Classic

20190717_213114.jpg

Good DFS+ shave on head and face. Took 3 passes on both. Not near as efficient as my Timeless Titanium .95OC . Still smooth but requires more passes. Love the lavender scent. Good slickness. Haven't used it in months. The Brut Classic reminds me of my father. Leaves a nice scent and powdery feeling on the skin. I've used the Timeless Titanium .95OC so much it's my Gold Standard. Gonna be selling razors, brushes and software soon to fund a new Timeless Titanium .95OC Polished soon! Stay tuned!

SOTD
  • My trusty Slim (3)
  • Nacet (16)
  • Antica Barbiera Colla
  • Stirling 2-band Synthetic
  • WH (w/menthol)/Lucky Tiger/Stirling ASB
  • Pinaud Clubman
I hadn’t used the Slim for a bit, and I wanted to get back to easy, smooth shaves. Not the most efficient, but it does the job with zero drama. This is my “desert island” razor, and I have two backups for good measure.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Ditto for me!

Dude! Forget rocking your beard! Rock that baby; they don't stay little for long.

Just over a week left! I can see why some fellas stumble though, with all the clearance and sales that pop up Lady Temptation never strays too far.

Top Bottom