What's new

Juicer

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Sugar jolt? That's why I had to back way off on juices. Now I'm doing vegetable only.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I too prefer vegetables only.
Sugar jolt? That's why I had to back way off on juices. Now I'm doing vegetable only.

I was on vacation at the beach a number of years ago. While there I bought a very nice bicycle because it was a great deal (and my wife loved it because she's an artist and it was one of her favorite colors which somehow negated the price tag).

Anyway, there was a great highway to ride on with just about no traffic. Going north from where we were staying there was a very very strong and consistent headwind so the first half of the ride was quite challenging. Working hard I could pass the joggers but not make them look like they were standing still. It was a strong wind every time.

At the turn around point there was a fresh juice stand. I was ready for it and would order a double shot of wheat grass juice, drink it, and head home (with a wonderful tailwind so I could go a million miles an hour with little effort).

Talk about a jolt! I could feel that magic wheat grass juice replenishing me and doing its thing throughout my body.

It's not just the sugar.

Happy shaves,

Jim

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I have a juicer (centrifugal). Haven't used it in a while. A while ago I transitioned to making vegetable/fruit "smoothies" in my Vitamix. Maybe there's nothing to it but I like drinking the foods "whole", skins and all. Plus I find the clean up way easier than the juicer.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I have a juicer (centrifugal). Haven't used it in a while. A while ago I transitioned to making vegetable/fruit "smoothies" in my Vitamix. Maybe there's nothing to it but I like drinking the foods "whole", skins and all. Plus I find the clean up way easier than the juicer.

We use the Vitamix a lot. Smoothies are great. Also frozen fruit sorbets.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
We use the Vitamix a lot. Smoothies are great. Also frozen fruit sorbets.

Mine is in use most days. One of those appliances that on the surface is just a really expensive blender. But is does so much and gets so much use (by me anyway) that it was a great investment. Mine's fairly new, going on 10 years now.

i used to use my vitamix in conjunction with the omega vrt. a great match together, a bit easier and quicker for volume and cleanup.

i would process the veg/fruit into a slurry in the vitamix and then run the slurry through the omega vrt.

i had a thread here at b&b that chronicled the process. been a while though, maybe 5 years ago.

ED07CD26-7D90-4495-953B-BD3205195B45.jpeg
4C36D5BA-56E6-468F-8650-21D23566EB06.jpeg
4C36D5BA-56E6-468F-8650-21D23566EB06.jpeg
Two quarts this morning. Multi color carrots, bing cherries, fennel bulb, lime and lemon, ginger, strawberries, watermelon.

Last edited:
Three juices tonight.

Berry/Cherry
Blackberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, Black Cherries, Strawberries, Lime Lemon, Red Grapes, Everclear soaked (90 days) Aronia Berries, Ginger

Citrus Blend
Grapefruit, Orange, Blood Orange, Apple, Lemon, Lime, Ginger

Green
Dwarf Blue Curly Kale, Cucumber, Lime, Apple

4697E2E3-7E11-4EA0-9115-F4274AE49AEE.jpeg

Top Bottom