What's new

Juicer

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
So I bought a juice machine. Wow!! This thread isn't so much about what kind of juice machine you have. It's more about your recipes. What combination of veggies and or fruits are your favorites.

I wish good health to you all.

I have carrots and strawberries washed and ready to be juiced shortly. It’ll get some lemon or lime, maybe an orange or grapefruit, and a piece of ginger.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Straight carrot juice is great. Organic carrots taste better..

Just about any leafy greens except adult kale (which can be very peppery) in any mixture with a little piece of ginger and a bit of lemon (without the peel). I use organic.

I'm prone to trying anything that sounds half good. Usually it's okay, or better than okay, but occasionally something is horrible and is thrown out.

I don't particularly favor mixing fruits and veggies in juices although I know a lot of people like it. If I'm going to go that route some apple is a tasty addition to many green veggie mixes.

Bitter flavors appeal to me which makes me somewhat atypical and more likely to like straight veggie juice.

Experimentation is part of the fun.

A tiny bit of some things is great, and a tiny bit more of them ruins everything. If in doubt use very little of anything weird or very strong or very hot or very spicy in any manner.

Happy shaves and happy juicing,

Jim

I used to drink carrot/apple juice years ago, with a Salton juicer. Still have it in fact.

Great for vegetable juices. Carrot juice is surprisingly tasty, not at all "carroty". (That taste is in the fiber and skin).

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I love most fruit juices. After trying many blends, I stabilized on apple/carrot. Too much sugar in that one for my current diet though. Started off with a Jack Lalane juicer. Ended up with a Champion 2000.

Most often I make a carrot/apple/celery mix.

I have added spinach into the mix as well. A little piece of kale is also good.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
20190626_072411.jpg
This morning I used what I had on hand and it was very nice. 3 stalks of Celery, 1/4 apple, cilantro, spinach, red romaine lettuce, ginger and 1 lemon.

Here's a 1980 Champion Juicer with a relatively new blade assembly and a half glass of fresh organic carrot juice, 10# bag from Costco.

My usual juice is carrot, beets, ginger, sometimes celery and during the apple harvest, delicious apples. I add garlic at times, maybe a clove or two and other veggies that come available in season. ALL ORGANIC.

I juice three times or more a week and it's a delicious and healthy way to get great nutrition that's very easy on the body.

Highly recommended.

20190626_113744.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Here's a 1980 Champion Juicer with a relatively new blade assembly and a half glass of fresh organic carrot juice, 10# bag from Costco.

My usual juice is carrot, beets, ginger, sometimes celery and during the apple harvest, delicious apples. I add garlic at times, maybe a clove or two and other veggies that come available in season. ALL ORGANIC.

I juice three times or more a week and it's a delicious and healthy way to get great nutrition that's very easy on the body.

Highly recommended.

View attachment 994019
Nice, they don't build them like they used to.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

Highly recommended.

View attachment 994019
Looks delicious my friend. You guys are making me feel guilty. I need to break out the Vitamixer....

Nice, they don't build them like they used to.

That's for sure! It's powerful, smooth, instant starting, quiet. It's almost forty years old, imagine that! Plus with the newer blade assembly, don't have to strain the juice, it's that smooth. My fave is apple- carrot-ginger. In the fall, when the semi tart Jonathans are released, the combo with the sweeter carrot and the spice of the fresh ginger root, trust me... it's a very delicious meal, a large 16oz glass!

Looks delicious my friend. You guys are making me feel guilty. I need to break out the Vitamixer....

Thanks! Suggestion... I also have a Vitamix, both are kept on the counter, make smoothies in the Vitamix, regularly. Try to find a Champion Juicer on local Craigslist, one that is in pristine condition. The Champion will blow you away and will compliment the Vitamix. Enjoy!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Thanks! Suggestion... I also have a Vitamix, both are kept on the counter, make smoothies in the Vitamix, regularly. Try to find a Champion Juicer on local Craigslist, one that is in pristine condition. The Champion will blow you away and will compliment the Vitamix. Enjoy!

I have a Vitamix (it's my third; the first was that really cool model with the stainless steel canister and a spout, but it was stolen; the second went with my daughter to college and isn't coming back). I have an Omega juicer. I have a Champion, too, but I'm not a huge fan of it. It makes great juice and does lots of jobs, but compared to the Omega (which looks much the same) the Champion makes more of a mess and is harder to clean up.

I have no doubt that my Champion (commercial model) is a superior tool in spite of what I just said. It will outlive any ten other juicers I think.

Happy shaves,

Jim

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thanks for the advice guys. My wife is the one looking at a high end juicer. It's okay for the War Department to spend money. Me, I gotta pick up bottles and cans outta the ditch.

I have a Vitamix (it's my third; the first was that really cool model with the stainless steel canister and a spout, but it was stolen; the second went with my daughter to college and isn't coming back). I have an Omega juicer. I have a Champion, too, but I'm not a huge fan of it. It makes great juice and does lots of jobs, but compared to the Omega (which looks much the same) the Champion makes more of a mess and is harder to clean up.

I have no doubt that my Champion (commercial model) is a superior tool in spite of what I just said. It will outlive any ten other juicers I think.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I had an Omega as well! Went the way with an ex GF. Excellent juicer. I found with the Champion, I place one smaller bowl underneath to capture the juice, another bowl at the end to get the pulp. I juice away. Cleanup is by the sink... all parts go into it, bowls get emptied and woila...cleaned in a jiffy and juice goes into glass. I guess after all these years, it's a fast second nature.

The Omega being centrifugal, it captures pulp within and juice comes out one spout. I can see why you think it's easier/cleaner, it probably is.

Bottom line, get either and enjoy... nature's bounty.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I had an Omega as well! Went the way with an ex GF. Excellent juicer. I found with the Champion, I place one smaller bowl underneath to capture the juice, another bowl at the end to get the pulp. I juice away. Cleanup is by the sink... all parts go into it, bowls get emptied and woila...cleaned in a jiffy and juice goes into glass. I guess after all these years, it's a fast second nature.

The Omega being centrifugal, it captures pulp within and juice comes out one spout. I can see why you think it's easier/cleaner, it probably is.

Bottom line, get either and enjoy... nature's bounty.

My Omega is not centrifugal. It looks much like the Champion in this thread.

This last night and today from a clean up of the produce drawer to make room for more.

Carrot, apple, blood orange, strawberry, kiwi, peach, lime, ginger, turmeric.

A2FCE707-D1AC-4B14-8288-72B14AEBAD44.jpeg

Top Bottom