What's new

J's Straight Razor Shave Journal

I got a Kitta and I didn't get it yet, it's in transit. I had it tested by my honemeister and it's supposed to be very close to his finishing stone...

Very cool! I think I'd eventually like to be self sufficient with all my honing needs, wether restoring a keen edge, or grinding out chips from a garage sale beauty. Im sure younwill anyway, but let us see that Kitta as soon as humanly possible! :thumbup:

I use my coti for bevel setting and finishing. My coti has been one of the best investment in this hobby. I would recommend the coti over the Nortons but then everyone has their own opinion. I just like my coti because it's so versatile.

I too went the maintain only route. Bought a nice Barbers off gugi months ago and it touches up blades very well. Eventually bought some CrOx as well and have pasted an old strop and balsa.

So far...thats worked fine and all I've needed. :thumbup1:

I've gone back and forth on getting a Coti many times...but for that cash, I could get so many more things and I just dont see myself doing any restos etc...dont have the time with the chittlins in the house! :lol:

I use my coti for bevel setting and finishing. My coti has been one of the best investment in this hobby. I would recommend the coti over the Nortons but then everyone has their own opinion. I just like my coti because it's so versatile.

Sounds great, my father is a big coti fan and I am quite sure I can borrow one of his many stones to give this touch up business a shot. I suppose it is the next logical step.

Hey J!
Long time, no post. What is happening? I hope you are not ill. Perhaps you are away on a trip? Do not tell us you have chucked in the towel and grown a beard!

Top Bottom