What's new

jovan musk vs. aqua velva musk

which one of these musk colognes has a better and longer lasting musk scent to you guys who have used both of these? thanks

IMHO
The Jovan Musk is stronger and longer lasting, but can be a bit sickly and cloying in summer
The Aqua Velva Musk has a lighter scent with slight "orange zest" undertones

BUT

My favourite musk scent is Old Spice Musk made in India by Rubicon - it comes in 50ml, 100ml and 150ml bottles, all made from glass with the plastic stopper
There are a lot of sellers on eBay who sell it for a reasonable price, as well as the Indian made Old Spice Original and Fresh Lime

IMHO
The Jovan Musk is stronger and longer lasting, but can be a bit sickly and cloying in summer
The Aqua Velva Musk has a lighter scent with slight "orange zest" undertones

BUT

My favourite musk scent is Old Spice Musk made in India by Rubicon - it comes in 50ml, 100ml and 150ml bottles, all made from glass with the plastic stopper
There are a lot of sellers on eBay who sell it for a reasonable price, as well as the Indian made Old Spice Original and Fresh Lime
thank you for responding, but if you really had to pick one between the aqua vela musk and the jovan musk, which would you pick?

thank you for responding, but if you really had to pick one between the aqua vela musk and the jovan musk, which would you pick?
Jovan Musk -
I grew up in the 1980s and I used a lot of Jovan Musk, I still use it occasionallyand just a whiff of it brings back good memories of 30 years ago

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The AV is generally well-received (I have a bottle on my desk as a conversation piece). To me, the Jovan smells ... sweaty. Faint funk-y. Early 70s, yes, but not good. Hippie bellbottoms or a concert chick's T-shirt from the "Frampton Comes Alive" tour.

uh, you get the idea. :whistling:

AA

If I had to pick just one..... based on price, availability, and wearability (year round) then it has to be AV musk. It's lighter/sweeter and can be easily worn all year. Jovan is strong and better suited for colder months.

My preference is a Musk mix I created by mixing AV musk, Jovan Musk, and Clubman Musk. The balance of all three really makes an enjoyable combo. So much that I rarely grab any of the others by them self, and I now wear musk more often than I used to. You could just try mixing AV and Jovan together and get something similar. The balance between the two is still nice.

I have both of these and pair them frequently. But I'm old and it takes me back... in a good way!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom