What's new

Jovan Musk anyone ?

My two favourite (old times) are: 'Old Spice' aftershave and 'Jovan Musk for Men' (which is the one that smells in the barbershop).

So, today i went out and bought a 'Jovan Musk for men' but on the bottle it says: "Aftershave/cologne" :001_rolle so what is it really? is it aftershave or is it a cologne?

if its aftershave you splash on your freshly shaven face to make it sting and if its a cologne you just dab a litte on your face and chest or if its "Aftershave/cologne" you can do both or drown yourself in it...thats coz i like whatever you call it Aftershave or cologne for the fragernce to linger around on for at least a whole day.

Of some of the aftershave i have tried none of them has that strong nice fragerence to linger around but when i go out you only find very few people (usually the rich and the young) splash aftershave thats stays around for a while and i keep wondering what is the name of that bottle and its like its the most nicest thing i ever smelt - but i dont think i have smelt violets of lavender on anyone.

jaffacake2000 said:
Of some of the aftershave i have tried none of them has that strong nice fragerence to linger around but when i go out you only find very few people (usually the rich and the young) splash aftershave thats stays around for a while and i keep wondering what is the name of that bottle and its like its the most nicest thing i ever smelt - but i dont think i have smelt violets of lavender on anyone.

What is the fragrance you are referring to in this paragraph?

:lol: that Jovan musk was very popular back in the 80's here in Montreal. I remember receiving a bottle of it as a gift from an old girlfriend at the time, and I didn't really like it. When I'd go out with her, I'd dab on a drop or 2, but only when I'd see her.

Jeff

Some clerk at a store once told me that the aftershave/cologne classification was given to weak colognes that have a lower fragrance oil to alcohol ratio.
This would make it less irritating to the face, but still contain a higher ratio than regular aftershaves.
I bought some two years ago. It smelled fine at the store, but when I used it after shaving, it was a bit irritating to my face. Also the fragrance seems bother me after a while. After 20 minutes the musk is gone and a lingering clove smell is all that's left. The bottle is still full.

Top Bottom