What's new

Jokes that make you groan

Pretty sure this will elicit a few groans:

Until very recently a troop of killer monkeys lived undetected in Greenwich Village. It was not surprising that they had escaped notice for so long. They had extremely odd sleeping habits, hibernating for 364 days out of every year (365 in Leap Years) and emerging from the caverns of the Village sewers only on Christmas Day. Even so, one might have thought they could hardly help but cause talk, since they tended when awake to be enormous, ferocious, carnivorous, and extremely hungry. Yet in Greenwich Village of all places on Earth they went unnoticed until last year, when they were finally destroyed.
Everyone knows that Yule Gibbons ate only nuts and fruits.
--Spider Robinson, Time Travellers Strictly Cash

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Pretty sure this will elicit a few groans:

Until very recently a troop of killer monkeys lived undetected in Greenwich Village. It was not surprising that they had escaped notice for so long. They had extremely odd sleeping habits, hibernating for 364 days out of every year (365 in Leap Years) and emerging from the caverns of the Village sewers only on Christmas Day. Even so, one might have thought they could hardly help but cause talk, since they tended when awake to be enormous, ferocious, carnivorous, and extremely hungry. Yet in Greenwich Village of all places on Earth they went unnoticed until last year, when they were finally destroyed.
Everyone knows that Yule Gibbons ate only nuts and fruits.
--Spider Robinson, Time Travellers Strictly Cash

5 will get you 10 that only us old fogies even know who Euell Gibbons was! :lol:
But it got a groan out of me.

I still shudder at the thought of eating Grape Nuts cereal

"Ever eat a pine tree? Many parts are edible!"

Top Bottom