What's new

Jokes that make you groan

It was absolutely brilliantly done! Variable Star is the title. Why am I not surprised you know their work -- I stumbled across Heinlein in my Junior High library and he pretty much singlehandedly shaped my world view.

Given my already-known enjoyment of Spider R’s work, it is not surprising that Heinlein was my “gateway drug” into science fiction (“Star Troopers”, of course).

So as not to be too far off-topic, “Why was the graveyard so crowded? People were dying to get in.”

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
My favorite word is awkward. It's perfectly spelled for it's meaning.
1629385796912.png

It's a very woody word.

Serious question: did you spell awkward right? Nevermind. Otto Korreck fixed it for me. As a MILDLY dyslexic person I've had trouble with that werd my whole life. Among many others.
The only reason I can recall how to spell it is the...awkwardness of it. Every time I see it, I think "there's no way that's right...". Also, I have that same thought with a LOT of stuff these days...

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The only reason I can recall how to spell it is the...awkwardness of it. Every time I see it, I think "there's no way that's right...". Also, I have that same thought with a LOT of stuff these days...
My son is and has been an incredibly gifted speller, and my wife as well. I'm glad he got that from her.

Cruel joke by the medical profession. Imagine someone with that condition trying to tell people of their condition ...

"I have lysdexia ... um ... lydsexia ... um ..."

They should change the name of the condition to "bub".

What about people with a lisp?

@FarmerTan In high school I had a brilliant chemistry teacher who claimed that Kudzu was proof that God has a sense of humor.

Top Bottom