What's new

Jokes that make you groan

1628598673973.png

Just ran across this bit of homage to our posters and punsters:

Puns are the highest form of literature--Alfred Hitchcock

Puts me in mind of a graffito I like:

Considering graffiti is done for neither acclaim nor financial gain, it may well be a higher form than is generally credited.

A clown held a door open for me, today.

I thought it was a very nice jester.
Speaking of, there was once a jester with an inordinate fondness for truly awful puns. One day, the King vowed that the next groaner would result in the punster's death. Sure enough, that didn't take long. The King had the jester sent to the dungeon and ordered the assembly of the gallows.

Overnight the King had a change of heart, good help being hard to find, and went to the dungeon.
"Jester, I have good news for you!"

The prisoner looked up and said, "No noose is good news." And he was hanged at dawn.

An officer, home from strenuous service overseas, was assigned to a desk job in the Pentagon. Each day for a week he shifted the location of his desk - next to the window, away from the window, into a corridor, and finally into the men's washroom. "He must be shell-shocked," the authorities figured, but the officer had a different explanation. "It's the only place around here," he said grimly, "where people seem to know what they're doing."

Top Bottom