What's new

Jokes that make you groan

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
He means what do you call a judge with an IQ of 50? Lawyers are not addressed as your honor.

The trouble with lawyer jokes it is said is that lawyers don't get then and other people don't think they are jokes.

In his defense, most judges are former practicing lawyers, and the phrasing makes the joke funny whereas saying judge instead of lawyer ruins the punch line!

Got it, Phil I was reading too fast. I suppose proves the point that lawyers do not understand lawyer jokes. :) The idea being that a judge is likely what a dumb lawyer becomes because he/she cannot make it as a lawyer in regular practice. Sort of along the lines of those you cannot do, teach. Those who cannot teach, consult. :)

My reading actually works, too, though. Along the lines of no matter how dumb the judge presiding over your case, you still call him/her "Your Honor," because he/she is still going to preside over and decide your case.

Now the part that is not credible is <(Told to me by a lawyer)>. Not a very smart lawyer apparently. I find that few who appear before judges tell judge jokes. There is no percentage in it! The role of folks appearing before judges is to laugh heartily at the jokes the judge tells!

Got it, Phil I was reading too fast. I suppose proves the point that lawyers do not understand lawyer jokes. :) The idea being that a judge is likely what a dumb lawyer becomes because he/she cannot make it as a lawyer in regular practice. Sort of along the lines of those you cannot do, teach. Those who cannot teach, consult. :)

My reading actually works, too, though. Along the lines of no matter how dumb the judge presiding over your case, you still call him/her "Your Honor," because he/she is still going to preside over and decide your case.

Now the part that is not credible is <(Told to me by a lawyer)>. Not a very smart lawyer apparently. I find that few who appear before judges tell judge jokes. There is no percentage in it! The role of folks appearing before judges is to laugh heartily at the jokes the judge tells!
I think it was a Woody Allen that I heard: those who cannot do, teach. Those who cannot teach, teach gym.

1628079245899.png

dug up a couple old threads that might have some interest:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member

That’s such a lawyerly reply.…

Top Bottom