What's new

Joining from Munich

Hi there,

I have been visiting this site for several years now and have finally decided to create an account and join.

I have been wet shaving ever since I started shaving some 25 years ago as I never liked electric shaving.

I was introduced to wet shaving using my father's Gillette slim, which is now part of my DE collection.

Over the years I have been using many different multi blade razors (always Gillette) before I went back using DE razors again a few years ago. My favorite DE today is my Mühle R41.

It didn't stop there however...

I have had a Dovo straight razor since I was 18 years old, but I never learned how to use it. One day I found this old Dovo forgotten in a drawer (still NOS and looking perfect) and I decided, that it was about time to finally learn how to use it. But instead of jumping right on to SR shaving I decided it would be best to start with a Feather shavette DX. After using the shavette almost exclusively for more than a year, I finally felt prepared to switch to a real straight.

I have now been using straight razors exclusively for 3 month and have already started a small collection of them.

Next for me is to improve my honing skills and increase my collection of straight razors.

That's all for now.
Looking forward to have some nice conversations with you

Last edited:
Welcome! I’m glad you finally decided to take the plunge and say hello. It sounds like you’ve experienced a bit of everything. I haven’t hit SR territory and may never but many people seem to end up there.

Welcome to B & B. I hope you find your stay here enjoyable and educational at the same time. May your wet shaving skills improve during your time here.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Hi there,

I have been visiting this site for several years now and have finally decided to create an account and join.

I have been wet shaving ever since I started shaving some 25 years ago as I never liked electric shaving.

I was introduced to wet shaving using my father's Gillette slim, which is now part of my DE collection.

Over the years I have been using many different multi blade razors (always Gillette) before I went back using DE razors again a few years ago. My favorite DE today is my Mühle R41.

It didn't stop there however...

I have had a Dovo straight razor since I was 18 years old, but I never learned how to use it. One day I found this old Dovo forgotten in a drawer (still NOS and looking perfect) and I decided, that it was about time to finally learn how to use it. But instead of jumping right on to SR shaving I decided it would be best to start with a Feather shavette DX. After using the shavette almost exclusively for more than a year, I finally felt prepared to switch to a real straight.

I have now been using straight razors exclusively for 3 month and have already started a small collection of them.

Next for me is to improve my honing skills and increase my collection of straight razors.

That's all for now.
Looking forward to have some nice conversations with you
Welcome and come over to the straight razor forum. Once I started straight shaving, I never turned back.

Hi, there is a lot of information about straight shaving on the forum. I too started with a small collection of straights and now have a "small" collection. Especially compared to some on this site.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Welcome to a great shaving community. And cooking community. And photography community. And tobacco, shooting, fountain pen, etcetera community. Have fun!

Welcome to a great shaving community. And cooking community. And photography community. And tobacco, shooting, fountain pen, etcetera community. Have fun!
Thanks, I'm also interested in landscape, macro and architecture photography and have already discovered the darkroom section of the community 😉

Top Bottom