What's new

Joined the Rudy Vey owners club :)

I've always admired Rudy's work and finally took the plunge. Rudy just sent me pictures of the custom brush he's crafted for me. The handle is made from stabilized box elder and the knot is a TGN 24mm Finest Xtra Hair. The handle itself is a bit taller than normal at about 2.85" high. Loft is 52 mm as this will be a bowl latherer only.

I'm really looking forward to getting this puppy in hand!

$IMG_3627.jpg

Injector Razors: '74 Schick/Int'l Silver "Paul Revere" | '65 PAL adj | '66 Schick M1 adj | '75 Schick L1 | '70 Personna stainless | '53 Eversharp-Schick G8
Blades: NOS Schick Platinum Plus | AAFES Personna Platinum Chrome
Brushes: '02 Shavemac custom Thuja wood 23mm Silvertip | '07 Rooney 2/1 Faux Ivory 22mm Super | '12 Rudy Vey custom Box Elder 24mm TGN Finest XH
Creams: Taylors (avacado; rose) | Trumpers (coconut) | RazoRock (Artisan tallow)
Soaps: Mama Bear | VdH
Witch Hazel/Balm: Thayers Cucumber| Issey Miyake alcohol-free
Scuttle/Lather Bowl: Feats of Clay | Danish Gravy

Last edited:
Thanks Chris. I liked that handle too. If you look in the Rudy Vey Vendor thread, posts 526 and 530 show this style that was made for member "Price." I simply had Rudy "stretch" the length for me.

Just saw where Rudy posted in his vendor thread a picture of a bunch of stabilized box elder blanks. Although box elder can be had with a variety of stains including multicolored, the lot he showed all appear a nice golden hue. I teased earlier that these, when finished, become a cross between a classic butterscotch handle and a beautiful highly figured wood. Very, very nice :)

Nice looking brush. I too am joing the RV owners club, got the notification that it is getting shipped out in the morning.

Nice looking brush. I too am joining the RV owners club, got the notification that it is getting shipped out in the morning.

My notification was also received late this afternoon. Hopefully that means in hand this Saturday. Worse case next Monday :)

Very nice and certainly something to look forward to. Don't forget to post your impressions once you have tried her out!

Nice cvandyke27! I always liked buffalo horn but from having made a knife handle out of it years and years ago, the stink of working the stuff is just plain awful! LOL

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Nice cvandyke27! I always liked buffalo horn but from having made a knife handle out of it years and years ago, the stink of working the stuff is just plain awful! LOL

You get used to it!! However, my wife is not happy when I do horn, antler etc....

Top Bottom