What's new

Join Us for the Badger & Blade July 4th Cookout

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I do believe some grilled steaks are in queue for this weekend.

1593561434448.png

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I’ll be working, worrying about whether or not the fireworks drive my cats crazy. This is not a fun time of year for pet owners.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I’ll be working, worrying about whether or not the fireworks drive my cats crazy. This is not a fun time of year for pet owners.
More pets run away during the 4th. I'm always concerned a bottle rocket is going to land on my roof.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
We just decided to toss some chicken legs on the pit.

We'll make a grocery run, too, so who knows what might come home with us (along with the ice cream, of course).

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Looks like some good stuff going on, but I'm full.

On deck.

1593908490268.png

On the lump charcoal fawr with some corn on the cob.

1593908559042.png

Plated with some green beans and squash from the garden. Looks like I hit medium rare.

1593908661344.png

Last edited:
Dang, I didn’t think to take pictures.

The wife made German potato salad. I made boiled corn on the cob, and T-bones from the grass fed quarter beef I bought in March (done medium) on the Weber kettle grill, Kingsford charcoal and an electric charcoal starter. Mmm good. Watermelon on the side, I had a Great Lakes Eliot Ness to wash it down, and a store bought apple pie and ice cream for dessert. Good meal for the holiday

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Many fond memories of July 4 holidays on Cape Cod. Traditional clam bake fire pit on the beach. A few dozen New England Yankees and Boston Irishmen drunkenly engaging in Wampanoag cultural appropriation as the hot rocks and seaweed steamed the clams, potatoes, corn, & lobsters. Not this year. Just a couple hotdogs on the gas grill in the back garden with my wife.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
It all looks good. I had family in so we spent more time watching the young ones splashing around the pool, fishing and visiting than cooking. Burgers on the grill for lunch. Chili Dogs for dinner. Fresh S. Carolina peach homemade ice cream to chase it all down with.

Bought a new Weber propane grill Friday to suit my new house. Broke her in yesterday by smoking baby back ribs for 5 hours. Complimented with grilled sweet corn and a root beer. No BBQ sauce required

Top Bottom