What's new

johnston and murphy sizing issue

I've been wearing a 9.5 E for quite a few years now and I went and got my first par of shoes and found the 9.5 I had ordered seemed vastly large, like how an 11 sneaker would fit. Is it normal to run large? Or is a "fit" measured differently. The widest part of the shoe lines up perfectly but I have a lot of toe space:001_huh:

Each shoe manufacturer's sizing is different. Not only is it different from manufacturer to manufacturer but also lasts by the same manufacture will vary. I don't wear J&M so I couldn't tell you how they compare to other manufacturers.

J&M tends to size large. Anywhere from a half to full size greater than marked. Send 'em back and get an 8 1/2 or 9 and see how that goes for you. I had a pair of Venetians from them that I had to go a full size smaller than usual on, and they weren't anywhere near snug.

My J&M cap toe oxfords were murder on the big toe joint of my right foot until they broke in a bit. Their sizing though was correct for 10.5 d.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I purchased mine before they started having some made in China, so I'm not sure if it's relevant - but all of mine are the same size. The width does change with the style of the shoe.

Top Bottom