What's new

Johanson custom brushes

I wanted to share a pair of custom shaving brushes I co-designed with an artisan woodworker friend of mine.

The first brush is made of Tulipwood (Rosewood) and African Blackwood, with a bone divider. The knot is a 26mm synthetic knot from Golden Nib.
The second brush is made of dyed Carob wood and burled maple. The knot is a 27mm high mountain white badger from Golden Nib.

Not only are these two absolutely beautiful to look at, but they feel so amazing in the hand. They completely dwarf just about everything else in my collection. Also that high mountain knot is beyond luxurious.

The best part for me is - these are truly one-of-a-kind and I had a hand in spec'ing out the design. And instead of purchasing from a stranger, they were made by a friend - so they will hold close personal value forever.

Pair.jpg
Tulipwood.jpg
High Mountain.jpg

I wanted to share a pair of custom shaving brushes I co-designed with an artisan woodworker friend of mine.

The first brush is made of Tulipwood (Rosewood) and African Blackwood, with a bone divider. The knot is a 26mm synthetic knot from Golden Nib.
The second brush is made of dyed Carob wood and burled maple. The knot is a 27mm high mountain white badger from Golden Nib.

Not only are these two absolutely beautiful to look at, but they feel so amazing in the hand. They completely dwarf just about everything else in my collection. Also that high mountain knot is beyond luxurious.

The best part for me is - these are truly one-of-a-kind and I had a hand in spec'ing out the design. And instead of purchasing from a stranger, they were made by a friend - so they will hold close personal value forever.

View attachment 1411248View attachment 1411249View attachment 1411250
those are amazing!

Those are stunners. As an ex-woodturner, I can appreciate the skill involved to turn out such a product. Your design with the wood and bone is spot on. Good job and enjoy your work.

Top Bottom