What's new

Joe's Soap/Cream Review Project.

So, not a review. But I did make a trip to Imperial Shave (Medina, Ohio or Straightrazordesigns.com) for the first time. Met Don, super nice guy and I spent a few bucks while there. Great selection and prices seemed very reasonable.

I'll be adding two more soaps to my review:
Dr. Jon's Hydra
Esbjerg Vienna - Grapefruit (This was one of Don's suggestions so I'm excited to give it a try.

$Strop Shoppe_ Baker Street.jpg

Hydra is a great soap, and if you like the cooling there is an artic hydra. It's not a really cold one, just a mild cooling. Very nice. Dr. Jon is a member here to and has been adding soaps to the passaround.

InNae

So, not a review. But I did make a trip to Imperial Shave (Medina, Ohio or Straightrazordesigns.com) for the first time. Met Don, super nice guy and I spent a few bucks while there. Great selection and prices seemed very reasonable.

I'll be adding two more soaps to my review:
Dr. Jon's Hydra
Esbjerg Vienna - Grapefruit (This was one of Don's suggestions so I'm excited to give it a try.

Hydra is a great soap, and if you like the cooling there is an artic hydra. It's not a really cold one, just a mild cooling. Very nice. Dr. Jon is a member here to and has been adding soaps to the passaround.

InNae

That's awesome. I did not know that. Im fond of cooling effect but probably too cold for me right now :blink:.

I like the scorecard.

I didn't read through the entire thread so if I missed where this was addressed I apologize. If I may make a couple suggestions;

It looks like you are evaluating each soap after one use. Some soaps take several uses to figure out and for them to become properly hydrated. You may find different results if you use each soap about 5 days in a row. Also, it looks like you have many flavors of soap from the same mfg. I might suggest trying one soap from each manufacturer to evaluate performance. Once you have a few top performers you could try various scents they offer and really zero in on a product that works for you.

Best of luck with your journey. Cheers!

That's awesome. I did not know that. Im fond of cooling effect but probably too cold for me right now :blink:.
If you like the hydra I would recommend giving it a try. I like the cold menthol, but this one is pretty light. I have both and tend to reach for the menthol despite the cold Iowa winters.

InNae

I like the scorecard.

I didn't read through the entire thread so if I missed where this was addressed I apologize. If I may make a couple suggestions;

It looks like you are evaluating each soap after one use. Some soaps take several uses to figure out and for them to become properly hydrated. You may find different results if you use each soap about 5 days in a row. Also, it looks like you have many flavors of soap from the same mfg. I might suggest trying one soap from each manufacturer to evaluate performance. Once you have a few top performers you could try various scents they offer and really zero in on a product that works for you.

Best of luck with your journey. Cheers!

I appreciate the thought and input sir! I am evaluating after one use. I've got a box for ones I like, dislike and are maybes. I'll probably go back to evaluate them, if my opinion changes drastically. I'll do an update.

On the same soap part, it was discussed earlier! But working on different ones and I'll add as I buy. (Which I seem to be doing a lot lately.)

I'll also take recommendations!

I've heard nothing but good things about Stirling Co. So, I pulled the trigger and bought a few pucks. . (Also, think I may never get though the soap review if I keep buying stuff.....I may have a problem.) My plan is to give this a try on Saturday.
$Stirling Soap.jpg
$Chiseled Face Ojcream.jpg

Thanks for an interesting thread. I must agree with the Snowman. It can take awhile to 'dial in' a particular soap to get top performance.

For example, MWF or Haslinger's need a bit different proportion of water, time lathering, etc., etc. to get great lather. Once you do then these are terrific! On the first few uses, these (and other) excellent soaps may appear sub-par. Just a suggestion!

Thanks for an interesting thread. I must agree with the Snowman. It can take awhile to 'dial in' a particular soap to get top performance.

For example, MWF or Haslinger's need a bit different proportion of water, time lathering, etc., etc. to get great lather. Once you do then these are terrific! On the first few uses, these (and other) excellent soaps may appear sub-par. Just a suggestion!

Any time and appreciated! I'll probably tinker with the ones I don't like again. If I change my view, I don't mind admitting my wrong and adding a new card. Actually, planning on doing the review for Proraso green this week. I was going to write it off after first shave with the White/Red, but from what I hear the colors can be different.

$Taconic-Tequila Lime.jpg
About 4 more coming once I get them formatted. Work and classes have been kicking my butt this week.

Top Bottom