What's new

Jnat PIF

I've been the recipient of several generous PIFs on and off this board, and it's been a while since I posted one, so I figured I'd try one that you don't see everyday. I picked up the Jnat in the (mediocre) pics below from a lot off BST some time ago, and it's very cool and pretty--very nice grays and reds that smell incredibly earthy when slurried.

This is a softer Jnat, but with some practice can produce a pretty nice edge.

I initially had trouble with this one when I first got it, and asked Doc226 and Obiwan to test it out for me--the consensus was that it works just fine, I just hadn't achieved a satisfactory level of proficiency with it then. And Doc even made a YouTube video for me; the recipient can use this to aid his honing on this stone. Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUU3Z9AYYAk

I have it 'figured out' now, but I have enough other hones that I'd like to share this one with someone.

I don't have much in the way of 'qualifications' for entering--feel free to enter regardless of your level of skill. All I ask is that if you find you're not using it or it's not working out for you, pass it along; please don't sell it. And I also ask that you're a contributing member of this community--a minimum of 50 posts to enter.

Please post "I'm in" if you're interested. I'll randomly draw a winner Thursday morning and get it in the mail soon after. International entries welcomed.

p.s. If you don't have one already, I'll include a DMT credit card-sized diamond 'nagura' for slurrying.

p.p.s. Please don't ask me the mine or name of it; I have no idea. Razor is shown for scale only :)
$2.jpg$1.jpg

Last edited:
Ooh, pretty one. I'm in! I'm doing a PIF of one of my natural finishing stones soon too. Did you ever get the hang of this one to the point that you feel you got everything it could give?

Thanks for doing the PIF. Very cool.

I'm in. I haven't tried my hand at honing since I sent my coti to a member serving overseas. Thank you for the opportunity.

I'm in !
I've never used naturals. I've Ben honing with lapping film and synthetics for a while now. Been thinking about naturals but haven't even shaved off a natural honed edge.
Would love to try a Jnat. I love the may we share knowledge and tools here!

Not in. Looks like a nice suita though. Similar to some of the Shinden suita I have seen. It is probably a nice fast cutting stone(like most suita). A broken down suita slurry can leave a great shaving edge BTW.

Very generous! I'm in. Was looking to a finishing stone to get started with honing, Jnat would be awesome! Thanks.

Cool, i'd like to play with that rock too seeing as i Am gaving a hard time with one i have andcwant to know if its me or a stone.

I'm in.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I'm in.

Very nice PIF! Very generous of you!

Honing and eventually full on restoration is my next shaving goal. I need to do a little research (and wait until April) before I decide to purchase any stones/honing equipment.

Last edited:
Oh heck, I'm in. I'm starting to get where I like my own edges, so I'm sure learning this could make me plenty humble for a while ;)

Top Bottom