What's new

JM Fraser's shaving cream

I got mine from Shavingessentials as well. I really can't do much more than echo all the comments above. This lathers sweetly and the restrained scent is perfect. It is every bit as good as, if not better than, the T&H and C&E creams I have tried - I get a fantastic shave every time and it takes no effort or skill all. It's almost impossible to get it wrong.

The packaging is the only area where I can find fault. The tub could easily be made a lot more attractive. More significantly, the ink on the label smudged and ran when it got wet, which was not particularly nice.

But, there is no way I'm ending on a negative. This stuff is brilliant. If you don't have any, I highly recommend that you get some.

Cheers

Jeremy

(Interesting that 'packaging' doesn't appear on the list even though it's one of the boxes to tick. I gave it a 5)

I have only good things to say about Frasers. Even the lemony smell isn't bad. I actually kinda like it. Reminds me of a lemon pie.

The main attraction is the amount of moisture and protection that this great cream leaves. Lathers well and shaves on par with other creams.

I first gave Fraser's a try a year ago when I had newly returned to the world of DE shaving. At the time I found that it irritated my skin a bit and I stopped using it.

What I have since discovered is that it was not the Fraser's that caused the irritation but my technique! I started using the cream again recently and can say that I have had the best shaves with this stuff...second to none in fact.

It is cushiony, slick, makes mounds of sticky, dense lather, and best of all it actually softens my heavy beard..... as it claims to do.

The scent is just ok for me...not my favorite...it smells a bit like an English household disinfectant called Dettol, but it is pleasant enough and has actually been growing on me. Also, I understand that the Fraser folk will be offering differently scented versions of the cream using Booster products...Polar Ice, Oriental Spice etc....I cannot wait!

Great stuff indeed...up there in the top tier of creams...and inexpensive to boot!

Jim

been shaving with J.M.Fraser shaving cream for a week now and i love it.
great scent, thick lather, slick.
i think it's the only one made in canada

You absolutely CANNOT go wrong with this cream. It is fantastic. I think every shaver owes it to himself to have a tub of this cream.

J.M Fraser is garbage

Welcome to B&B.

There are probably more than a few gents on this board who disagree with your post, myself included. You may not like JM Fraser but that hardly makes it "garbage". What creams, pray tell, pass your muster?

If Fraser's cream is garbage, call me Oscar the Grouch, eh. It performs great and the cost vs. portion ratio is insane! You could split a jug of this stuff up easy. ( i wouldn't mine, but feel free to split up your own :wink: )

There was a thread a while back on this and I pretty much was the only dissenter....After revisiting the cream I now have to eat my words. It's probably one of the best bangs for the buck out there.

I just got a sample of it from Shaving Essentials the other day. I'm now kicking myself for not ordering it with the aftershaves I bought. Smells great, lathers easily, lubricates well. I gotta get me the whole tub now.

I just got a sample of it from Shaving Essentials the other day. I'm now kicking myself for not ordering it with the aftershaves I bought. Smells great, lathers easily, lubricates well. I gotta get me the whole tub now.

I got the tub and love the stuff. I am now thinking about selling two unused tubes of the CO Bigelow Prorasso, that's how much I enjoy the Fraser's. You should have also ordered the WARS.

Probably half the products I have read about here didn't work for me. The four most useful and discriptive words-your mileage may vary-might be extended to: your mileage may, and probably will, vary. My face makes its own decisions. Having said that, one more vote for Frasers.

Top Bottom