What's new

Jinhao x750 stub or pilot metro stub

Hi, I currently have my only fountain pen which is a jinhao x750. I love it but am looking to try a stub nib for it. For the price of a stub nib, I can get a pilot metropolitan with a stub nib. I am considering buying the nib for the jinhao and also getting the metropolitan. Is one gonna be that much of a difference over the other, or better to have both?

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I vote Metro. You’ll get more utility out of two pens with different nibs. Changing nibs is doable, but kind of a PITA if you’re writing a lot.

Ok thanks for the replies. Probably going to get both. This pen stuff is just as addictive as the shaving.

Did you want a Stub or a Broad Italic? I find the stub nibs to thick and much prefer an Italic as it leaves cleaner lines.
If you definitely want a stub then get a cheaper #6 nib for your x750 before spending heaps. Nemosine make a cheap #6 stub that should fit your x750. (Caveat: I have a #6 FP Revolution flex fine nib in my x750)

Also there are some questionable sellers on fleabay selling x750 grinds (home ground) that are shocking!

I'm still new to this so not sure if stub or italic would be best for me. Guess deeper into the rabbit hole I shall go.

Get the Pilot Metropolitan because you need a backup. At least you can try out the stub nib and decide which additional nib to try in the Jinhao.

I went ahead and ordered the pilot metropolitan with stub nib and a stub for the jinhao. From there will see where the journey takes me. Thanks all for the advice.

I vote Metro. You’ll get more utility out of two pens with different nibs. Changing nibs is doable, but kind of a PITA if you’re writing a lot.

I was going to second this. I've only changed nibs on a couple of cheapo Chinese eBay pens, but they never seem to write the same once I've switched them back. Plus, my Metro stub (which is barely a stub at only 1mm) is probably my favorite pen right now, especially for use with letters and greeting cards. I still use a fine more often for journaling.

Top Bottom