What's new

Jersey why do you mess with me so?

Jersey loves to mess with me. I started looking into gun ownership 10 years ago and found out we need permission slips and it takes months to get the permits to purchase guns and additional slips to purchase a handgun. Also found out there was no carry permits in Jersey, well not without knowing someone, may issue state. Fast forward to post Bruen lawsuit and Jersey has become a shall issue state, after jumping through hoops.

Expecting to wait 6 months to receive my handgun permits I put in for them. 6 months to save up extra money for my carry pistol, then another few months to save extra for the carry class/test and I can finally practice our 2a right. But Jersey went and changed things up and I received my handgun permits in 2 weeks. It's nice the state changed things towards the better, but I just wasted $30 on a permit I will not be able to use. So frustrating....

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Glad I live where I do. At least things are getting better where you live.

The days of walking into a store and getting one are gone, except here...and there are reasons for that but are they really valid?

It's one of those "when I was a kid" things. Like shotguns and rifles hanging on the gun racks in the back window of pickups in the high school parking lot. Guns haven't changed...people have.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Like shotguns and rifles hanging on the gun racks in the back window of pickups in the high school parking lot
Yep, at least half of the trucks at my HS had shotguns in the rear window opening day of Dove Season. Hunters Ed class had a live fire session and the school provided a rifle if you don’t own your own. This wasn’t even a rural HS, North Austin, Tx.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Yep, at least half of the trucks at my HS had shotguns in the rear window opening day of Dove Season. Hunters Ed class had a live fire session and the school provided a rifle if you don’t own your own. This wasn’t even a rural HS, North Austin, Tx.
Austin? Times have indeed changed.

I never, or at least rarely, get the government I vote for. It is one of the primary factors for planning to leave my state when I retire. I always vote, but I know that it will not change things in my state.

Sad but true. My family roots in this state go back to the mid 1700's. But I will not retire here. The state is a lost cause with the influx of North Eastern and California people. They crapped in their homes, now they crap in mine.

It is sad, @ctr but reality. Fortunately, there are still people that will move while embracing what makes a state strong rather than bringing failed policies with them. I have been not only invited but encouraged to move to Georgia as the general attitude is in line with mine, or mine is in line with those in Georgia.

Top Bottom