What's new

Jeremy’s Razor

I purchased a Jeremy’s Razor kit in the initial batch order and it arrived last week. I used it for the first time today. I used Taconic Lime soap, not the included shave creme. It feels very good in my hands and the design allows very precise shaving around your nose and sideburns. It honestly does not seem effortless like a Schick Hydro. I felt it tugging at times and my known problem area (hair grows multiple directions there) wasn’t handled as easily as the Hydro. Sometimes blades shave much better after the initial use so I will use it exclusively for a few shaves to get a real idea about it.

I don’t want to seem negative, it is a very good razor. The Hydro however, for me at least, is simply so easy to use and get baby butt smooth that it would take a laser to beat it. I don’t support Schick or Gillette so once my last Hydro cartridge is worn out, it will be discarded.

I still use Double Edge razors but the hard truth is that multi-blade designs work better most of the time. Who else bought one?

I get my best shaves from DE and GEM razors, so I'm not in the market for that type of product. But if I was, I'd certainly give them a try. I've been wondering about the quality of their products, so thank you for posting.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I got one, but mostly just to support startup shaving endeavors, hadn't planned on using it really.
I might give it a go just to satisfy my curiosity.

I still use Double Edge razors but the hard truth is that multi-blade designs work better most of the time. Who else bought one?
That's not a hard truth for me. I get closer and more comfortable shaves with a DE razor. One difference for me is that cart razors don't require as much skill, but one thing that really bothers me about cart razors is the clogging (as well as the relatively expensive per-cart price). If they had made a single blade Hydro that didn't clog and was less expensive, I probably wouldn't have switched to DE razors.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Clogging is a major issue for me with any cart with more than 2 blades.
It's ridiculous to have to shave before you shave.

That's not a hard truth for me. I get closer and more comfortable shaves with a DE razor. One difference for me is that cart razors don't require as much skill, but one thing that really bothers me about cart razors is the clogging (as well as the relatively expensive per-cart price). If they had made a single blade Hydro that didn't clog and was less expensive, I probably wouldn't have switched to DE razors.

Clogging is a major issue for me with any cart with more than 2 blades.
It's ridiculous to have to shave before you shave.
Interesting. I don’t have clogging issues with the Hydro 5. It being open to the rear allows it to rinse clean for me. I don’t let my whiskers get long however.

Interesting. I don’t have clogging issues with the Hydro 5. It being open to the rear allows it to rinse clean for me. I don’t let my whiskers get long however.
I shave daily, and my thick stubble remains between the blades no matter how I try to clean it. The multiple blades also have a tendency to give me ingrown hairs, a condition that has virtually disappeared since switching to a DE razor.

Don't get me wrong; if you like the multi-blade cartridges, if they work for you and you don't mind paying for them, that's great! I'm just saying that for me it is not a "hard truth" for me that multi-blade cartridge razors work better.

I have a lot of DE experience and regularly shave with them. I enjoy it but if in a hurry I grab the Schick. I shave daily.

After another shave, I believe the blades to simply not be sharp enough. The tugging was worse and the stubble left behind was excessive. The irritation from the experience is the worst I’ve felt in a long time.

For sure; that's another drawback of multi-blade cartridges. If one or more of the blades gets duller than the others, you can't swap it out. What a waste to toss a cart that has 4 good blades (or whatever) and only a single dull one. If you keep using the cart, the duller blades are likely to result in irritation.

My friend Don received his Jeremy’s Kit and after using it has basically the same observations that I do. He thinks it may have to do with the angle of the blades.

I ordered the kit to support the effort, but find it very much lacking in real-world use. Sadly, worse than the brand it was created to challenge.

The “Green Tea and Menthol” cream and post shave lack both the scents and effects of the two supposed ingredients, and the cartridges take half a dozen passes to work. Yes, I’m primarily a DE shaver but… I had much higher hopes.

The handle and cards are good, but the performance of the razor and creams is pretty meh, sadly.

I ordered the kit to support the effort, but find it very much lacking in real-world use. Sadly, worse than the brand it was created to challenge.

The “Green Tea and Menthol” cream and post shave lack both the scents and effects of the two supposed ingredients, and the cartridges take half a dozen passes to work. Yes, I’m primarily a DE shaver but… I had much higher hopes.

The handle and cards are good, but the performance of the razor and creams is pretty meh, sadly.
Almost identical to my experience.

To their credit, after I requested a refund they sent it in 2 days and a nice email. They told me to keep it so I gave it to my wife to use. She says “meh” as well.

Top Bottom