What's new

Jeeves of Hudson Street Splash

I recently ordered the Jeeves of Hudson Street aftershave splash in the Barbershop scent. It coincidentally arrived on Veterans Day which I mention because the company is veteran-owned, as the package notes. I have a few family members who served so I'm happy to support the business. I don't think their splash has been reviewed so I thought I'd put up quick thoughts.

I've been using their barbershop soap for a while with great results. My soap is labeled Turkish Bath but they renamed their scents and it's now Barbershop. The splash is a dead ringer for the scent of the soap plus a little menthol. It's a powdery barbershop scent that I would loosely compare to the Sterling Barbershop splash scent, although I prefer Jeeves. The sting feedback from the alcohol, much like the menthol, is there but not intense. If I had to describe the post shave feel of this splash in one word I'd say smooth. It's not drying. I can still smell it on my hands three hours later, but I asked my wife what she thought of the scent and she said she couldn't smell it. So I guess the scent takeaway is that you'll enjoy it going on, but it's not going to conflict with an edt or catch people's attention from across the room.

In conclusion, if you're looking for a powdery barbershop scent I have nothing but good things to say about Jeeves' soap and splash. I've never had a bad shave with that combo.

Ingredients: Denatured alcohol (SDA-40b), Witch Hazel, Menthol, Glycerin

I love Jeeve's Soaps. They are one of my favorites. Turkish Bath (Barbershop) is a nice scent too. I tried a couple of his test batches as he was developing the aftershave, but have not tried the finished product. Thanks for the review!

I too like Jeeves soaps but have not tried their aftershave yet. I am really wanting to try the Key Lime. I have Turkish Bath/Barbershop and Cherry Blossum soap.

How's the scent on the Cherry Blossom? I've heard good things, but it hasn't been available. I messaged the Jeeves account on facebook a little while back, and it should come back in the spring.

Top Bottom