Jays Journal

2-26-23 Sun.

FEB GRUME still in

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Astra SP(2)
Soap: Ghost-town Barber
Brush: RR Amici
20230226_202850.jpg

3 passes (4-4-2) left me with a DFS+ neck is a touch itchy...think I used a bit too much pressure.

Be well
Jay

2-27-23 Mon.

FEB GRUME still in.
Early start to FFFMM 1/31

Blade: Treet platinum(1)
Soap: Mudder Focker
Brush: RR Bruce

3 passes all on setting 1 = DFS. Tiniest bit of against the grain stubble left but the shave was ohh so smooth. It has been an hour and a half and my skin feels fantastic. No post shave needed.
20230227_215121.jpg

Be well
Jay

2-28-23 Tues.

FEB GRUME still in.
Early start to FFFMM 2/31

Blade: Treet platinum(2)
Soap: Mudder Focker (1)
Pre: non
20230228_220135.jpg

3 passes all on setting 3 = DFS+. Setting 3 seemed about as smooth as #1, maybe slightly more efficient, didnt seem like much more blade feel. Had to pull out the alum for the bleeder I gave myself (adamsapple) so I followed up with the splash. The missus gave it a thumbs up! Found a small container to scoop some soap into (28.3g) hence the count on the soap. Another nice shave before work.

Be well
Jay

3-2-23 Thursday

FFFMM 1/31

Blade: Treet platinum(3)
Soap: Mudder Focker (2)
Pre: non
20230302_094139.jpg

Went for 3 passes plus a tiny bit of touch up on my neck. Settings: 5-n/s, 5-s/n, 2-e/w, 2-t/u. Went well, reopened the nick from the other day, alum seems to have closed it up. Face and neck are a bit more tender then last shave but I ended with BBS! Fantastic!

Be well
Jay

3-5-23 Sunday
FFFMM 2/31

Blade: Treet platinum(4)
Soap: Mudder Focker (3)
Pre: Hot wet cloth
20230305_144712.jpg

Finally got to shave, almost 3 days growth. Uuggg. Settings were 3-4-5, N-S N-S S-N which is all basically across the grain for me. Picked up a bottle of Thayers unscented facial toner with aloe vera. Made a mixture of 25% thayers and 75% splash. DFS+ except along my jawline could have used a touch of ATG there. Smooth and very little feedback from splash. The step up progression worked well it seems.
20230305_152130.jpg

Be well
Jay

3-6-23 Monday
FFFMM 3/31

Soap: Mudder Focker (4)

3 passes plus a bit of touch up. Settings 2-3-4 and 1 for the touch up. DFS+++ Adding the witchhazel with aloe to my splash is a win in my books. Need to search out a bigger dropper bottle. The 10ml wont last a week, 30ml would be ideal size I think.

Be well
Jay

3-7-23 Tuesday
FFFMM 4/31

Soap: Mudder Focker

Time for 2 passes tonight before work. N-S, S-N both on #3. DFS.

Be well
Jay

3-9-23 Thursday
FFFMM 5/31

Soap: Mudder Focker bowl lather

Spent a leisurely 30 minutes building a lather and then cutting down 2 days growth. 3 passes: 2-3-4 and a bit of touch up on my neck on 1. DFS+++
Off to work I go.

Be well
Jay

3-12-23 Sunday
FFFMM 7/31

Razor: Merkur Progress (2-3-4)
Blade: Treet platinum(5)
Soap: Mudder Focker bowl lather
Pre: Shower
20230312_124240.jpg

Nice slow easy 3 pass DFS+++.

Be well
Jay

3-13-23 Monday
FFFMM 8/31

Razor: Merkur Progress (2-3-4)
Blade: Treet platinum(6)
Soap: Mudder Focker face lather
Pre: n/a

Nice slow easy 3 pass DFS+. Same shave as yesterday but blade is done, no pulling and still smooth, just left a bit behind. Razor disassembled, cleaned and dried. New Treet installed and ready to go.

Be well
Jay

3-14-23 Tuesday
FFFMM 9/31

Razor: Merkur Progress (3-4-5)
20230314_212817.jpg

3 pass DFS++. Using this razor for the last 2 weeks has really shown me what it is all about. Really looks like I am a fan of adjustables! Got a bit flippant on the final pass and gave myself a little nick on my bottom lip. A touch of the alum block sealed it right up. Would have hit BBS with a touch up pass on 1 or 2...didnt bother.

Be well
Jay

3-18-23 Saturday
FFFMM 10/31

Razor: Merkur Progress (4-4-2)
20230314_212817.jpg

3 slow and easy passes after really slowing down and working on my lather got me to BBS with 1 tiny weeper beside my adamsapple. A very satisfying shave after taking a few days off. Forgot to snap a picture before everything was put away. The missus came into bathroom just after I used the splash. It might remove Old Spice from her top spot. WOW...glad I like it!
Be well
Jay

3-19-23 Sunday
FFFMM 11/31

Razor: Merkur Progress (3-3)
20230319_161109.jpg

Lazy afternoon on the couch with the missus. Decided to do a quick 2 pass cleanup before laying down for a nap. Slick lather, light touch DFS+
Be well
Jay

3-20-23 Monday
FFFMM 12/31

Blade: Treet platinum(4)

2 passes and DFS. Smooth and relaxing!
Remixed the witchhazel and xxx splash at 50/50 looks milky but works well.
Be well
Jay

3-21-23 Tuesday
FFFMM 13/31

Razor: Merkur Progress (3-4-5-1)
Blade: Treet platinum(5)

Took the time for a full 3 passes plus buffing shave. BBS for the win. No nicks, cuts or irritation. The Progress and Treet combo really is a winner!
Be well
Jay

3-19-23 Sunday
FFFMM 11/31

View attachment 1623595
Lazy afternoon on the couch with the missus. Decided to do a quick 2 pass cleanup before laying down for a nap. Slick lather, light touch DFS+
Be well
Jay

I like the brush lather shot!

Looks like you've been showing that Mudder who's boss :). Are you enjoying/noticing the clay-mud in there? @desertcat has my sample of it right now but I remember it having a nice feel and a good scent if a little strong.

I like the brush lather shot!

Looks like you've been showing that Mudder who's boss :). Are you enjoying/noticing the clay-mud in there? @desertcat has my sample of it right now but I remember it having a nice feel and a good scent if a little strong.
Thanks. Ya I have been really enjoying the Mudder Focker. Cant say that I notice the clay/mud or not. After March's fixed four I will use RR XXX which is also a tallow soap and try to compare the feel.

As for the scent, its decently strong I guess...I haven't really used to many soaps so dont have a good scale for scent strength. I do know that I really like how it smells. It also gets 2 thumbs up from The Missus!! I have a refill of the soap and splash in my cart at Italian Barber and just discovered tonight that they have it in cologne form...added to cart!

3-23-23 Thursday
FFFMM 14/31

Razor: Merkur Progress (4-4-1)

Shower and shave this morning before bed went smooth and easy. Loaded a new blade after the last shave and set it to 4. Forgot my glasses this morning so just left it at 4 then cranked down to 1 for last pass. Little inattention left a little weeper on my chin.
DFS++ overall.

Be well
Jay

3-25-23 Saturday
FFFMM 15/31

Razor: Merkur Progress (4-4-1)
Pre: Pears soap wash

DFS++ after 3 easy passes. Lather was a touch thick on first pass. Left a bit of redness that cleared up within an hour.

Be well
Jay

Top Bottom