SWS: 7 of 52
365: 41 of 365 (miss:1)
FEB GRUME still in

Razor: Gillette Slim (k1)
Blade: Nacet (1)
Soap: MWF
Brush: Semogue Galahad
20230211_085713.jpg

The razor that put me out of January GRUME was waiting in the post box Friday morning. Thanks again @ChriWilson Decided to use an unfamiliar soap while starting to break in my new Semogue.

Soaked the brush for only 1 minute and then loaded with it just a bit past damp, had enough soap for 2 passes. Had to go back to the puck for last pass.
Started on #4 and went down 1 setting per pass. Used #1 for the impossible spots on my adams apple area.
All in all a DFS+++ have a tiny bit of irritation on one spot on my neck. I am blaming it on switching from the Henson, need to adjust to weight and angle difference.

Be well
Jay

2-12-23 Sun. AM

365: 42 of 365 (miss:1)
FEB GRUME still in

Blade: Nacet (2)
Brush: Semogue 1305

Soaked the brush for 1 minute and went at soap with it just damp for 1 minute. No blooming, no problem getting a nice slick lather even using my HARD metallicy well water. I really like the scent of this soap, or is it the lack of scent compared to my other soaps?
24 hours growth so went with settings 5-3-1.
2 full passes plus cleanup: DFS++.
I did get a bit reckless and had a weeper on either side of my adams apple, touch of alum cleared them right up. Lovely shave.

Be well
Jay

2-11-23 Sat. AM

365: 41 of 365 (miss:1)
FEB GRUME still in

View attachment 1604313
The razor that put me out of January GRUME was waiting in the post box Friday morning. Thanks again @ChriWilson Decided to use an unfamiliar soap while starting to break in my new Semogue.

Soaked the brush for only 1 minute and then loaded with it just a bit past damp, had enough soap for 2 passes. Had to go back to the puck for last pass.
Started on #4 and went down 1 setting per pass. Used #1 for the impossible spots on my adams apple area.
All in all a DFS+++ have a tiny bit of irritation on one spot on my neck. I am blaming it on switching from the Henson, need to adjust to weight and angle difference.

Be well
Jay
I love the red in this brush 😻
Waiting for mine to unstuck from a post office in Spain where it arrived by my mistake.

2-13-23 Mon PM

FEB GRUME still in

Blade: Nacet (3)

Decent 3 pass settings 6-4-2 with 36 hours growth. DFS++.

Be well
Jay

2-14-23 Tues. PM

FEB GRUME still in

Brush: Omega Mixed Midget

Simple 2 pass cleanup before work. DFS++
This little brush works great, nice and soft!

Be well
Jay

2-16-23 Thur AM

FEB GRUME still in

Blade: Nacet (2)

Face was feeling tender and a bit sore after work this morning. Was gonna skip the shave till tonight but of course I didnt listen. Started to shave and things felt a bit grabby and rough, slowed down and focused on my cutting angle. By the time I got to my neck the lathers was drying. Reworked the way to dry lather and finished the pass. Lathered up for next go paying close attention to the moisture...discovered I was on level 6 not 3. Way to much for the amount of hair I needed to remove. Dialed down to 1 and finished the pass. Face is hairless but not comfortable at all, skin is sore and pretty warm with the glassy/shiny look that lets me know I messed up. Not a good morning!

Be well
Jay

2-18-23 Sat. Noonish

FEB GRUME still in

Razor: Gamechanger 68sb
Blade: Nacet (3)
Pre: Proraso blue cream

Face was feeling much better after Thursdays debacle of a shave.
Have been seriously considering posting my Gamechanger on the BST and replacing it with a Mamba. I am coming to realize that if I want to shave daily I cant use a razor that has much positive blade exposure. Italian barber claims the Mamba 53 is neutral/slightly negative and the 70 is neutral/slightly positive.
Today ended with DFS++ after 3 careful passes

Be well
Jay

2-20-23 Mon. Noonish

SWS: 8 of 52
FEB GRUME still in

Razor: Gamechanger 68sb
Blade: Treet Platinum (1)
Soap: MWF (8)
Pre: Proraso blue cream
20230220_100314.jpg

Nice leisurely 3 pass. WTG, XTG, XTG = DFS absolutely no response from the alum or splash! I didn't go against the grain. Could tell it was going to end badly, to much blade exposure for my skin agaisnt. Tiny bit left on my neck, could have pulled out the Henson for a quick clean up but didnt bother. May do that tonight before work.
I split my puck of MWF in half with a buddy, I am gonna keep track of how many shaves I get from my half.

Be well
Jay

Last edited:
2-20-23 Mon. 8pm

The missus went to bed early and left me to my own devices. Being unhappy with my shave today I decided to give myself a touch-up.
Pulled out my RR Amici synth and proraso blue cream, quick lather up and the slim on 2 then 1 left me with DFS+++.

I've never noticed your awesome succulents before. Those look nice! I'm not much of a greenthumb but I bet I can keep some succulents alive in the bathroom long enough to enjoy them. Maybe. A few weeks maybe :)

2-21-23 Tues PM

FEB GRUME still in

Razor: Gillette Slim (3-2-1)
Blade: Treet Platinum (3)
Soap: MWF (9)
2 passes plus touch up DFS++ Completely uneventful, smooth, and satisfying shave this evening before work. Need to increase the pressure for the setting 1 pass to step up to DFS+++.

Be well
Jay

2-22-23 Wed. PM

FEB GRUME still in

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Astra superior platinum(1)
Soap: RR XXX

My buddy at work asked if I would like to try a different razor out. His uncle passed away recently and he inherited his razors. A superspeed of some sort, a ball end Tech and a Merkur Progress. He doesn't like the handle on the Progress so it may become my razor.

The shave: wow very impressed with this razor. The angle of the blade allowed for a steeper angle then I usually use. Was very very smooth. 3 pass DFS+++ with very little aftershave feedback. One little nick on my neck but thats my fault. He also gave me a couple tucks of Astra green which I have never tried...seemed much like all the blades I normally use.
All in all a very nice shave.

Be well
Jay

2-24-23 Fri. PM

FEB GRUME still in

Razor: Henson al13 mild
Blade: Nacet(1)
Soap: Stirling Barbershop sample
Brush: Omega mixed midget
20230224_134408.jpg

Need to stay a second night with the kiddos. Slipped home and got a shave kit. As usual the henson left me with a DFS++ after an easy 3 passes.

Be well
Jay

Top Bottom