What's new

Jays Journal

11-22-22
No shave today.

Have been questioning/debating with myself on wether the Gamechanger .84 baseplate brings enough to the table compared to the .68. It seems like I have stubble sooner after a shave and that I am leaving more behind, likely the extra blade feel, aggresion is making me too careful. Will have to use the 84 exclusively for another week or 2 and see if it improves.

Great shave this morning. Added to much water to the Mudder Focker so wasn't quite as slick as possible but took it easy and got some damn fine results. Tried the bamboo handle, felt very comfortable, nice weight and slim. Bit longer then I am accustomed to, bit slippery, had to keep drying my hand...can probably live with that. Finished with clubman, shower and then RR wtp green splash. Smooth and irritation free.

Pre: Pears soap
Razor: Gamechanger 84 nacet(3)
Brush: RR Bruce
Soap: Mudder Focker

Shave today was odd. Worked up a nice smooth and moist lather...that sort of tingled almost stung my skin. Normal 2.5 passes felt smooth while shaving but now I have some tingle/sting.

Wondering if the 84 baseplate is a bit too much for me.

Saturdays (11-26-22) shave I tried something different with my lather. Smeared a level scoop of soap (Mudder Focker) and then added 8 level spoons of hot water. Started with a dry brush and added 4 more scoops of water for a total of 12. Great lather and a great shave.

Razor: Tech Rapira(2)
Brush: Keyhole

11-28-22

Lathered up Stirling Bergamot Lavender dry brush today. Took 13 scoops of water. 2 days growth, 3 passes plus a bit of touch up on my neck for BBS! The Gillette Tech is a damn fine shaver.
Pre: pears wash
Razor: Tech Rapira(3)
Soap: Bergamot Lavender

12-1-22 AM

Yet another pause in posting. Started Decemboar today, Omega travel brush to start the fun.
Lathered Glastonbury, started on the face and finished in OS mug. Flairtip SS with Nacet(1) smooth shave...too smooth, caught the uneven spot on left jaw. Needed to use my styptic. Good result otherwise.
20221201_091340.jpg

12-3-22 PM shave.

Expecting company anytime so a bit rushed today.

Pre: Pears
Razor: Gamechanger 68 nacet (2)
Soap: Glastonbury
Brush: 1305

Loaded on the soap 30ish seconds. Lathered in mug. Had to go back to soap for another 10 or 15 seconds. This brush is great, nice and soft. Compared to the Omega 10019 worlds above. I now understand why people use boar! Cant wait to see how it is in a month or 2.
20221204_083949.jpg

12-5-22 & 12-6-22

20221206_103417.jpg

Face lather Glastonbury with the 1305...really takes a lot of soap. Gamechanger 68 with Nacet(3&4). Monday(5) 2 passes for ccs. Tuesday(6) 3 passes for dfs++ almost bbs. Might fail soap of the month and switch to the new puck of Mitchells.

Pre: n/a
Razor: Gamechanger 68 Nacet (5)
Soap: MWF
Brush: Semogue 1305

First shave with MWF, 2 passes N-S, S-N = CCS
The Mitchells lathered up fine, could have used a bit more water maybe. Face feels great. Glad I got a puck!

Great shave this morning. Added to much water to the Mudder Focker so wasn't quite as slick as possible but took it easy and got some damn fine results. Tried the bamboo handle, felt very comfortable, nice weight and slim. Bit longer then I am accustomed to, bit slippery, had to keep drying my hand...can probably live with that. Finished with clubman, shower and then RR wtp green splash. Smooth and irritation free.

Pre: Pears soap
Razor: Gamechanger 84 nacet(3)
Brush: RR Bruce
My thoughts exactly in regards to the inaugural shave with the RazoRock bamboo handle last evening.

12-9-22

Razor: GC84p
Soap: B&M Seville

The 84 plate seems to aggressive for me. Results are not enough better then the 68p to bother with it.
2 weepers and feeling a bit irritated on neck.

12-12-22 AM

Pre:Shower, facewash with Lever
Razor:GC68P Nacet(3)
Soap:MWF bowl lather
Brush:1305
2.5 passes to BBS. Starting to get the Fat figured out, takes more water then I was giving it when face lathering. Was a nice shave. 1305 has become super nice to use. Makes me wonder if the SOC is enough better to bother spending the money on one.

12-14-22 AM

Razor:GC68P Nacet(5)
Soap:MWF
Brush: Omega travel

Lathered on the puck again...worked ok, nice and slick. Blade is done and gone. Was pretty grabby on cleanup pass.

Last edited:
12-15-22 AM

Pre: bit of early lather
Razor: GC84P RK(1)
Soap: XXX bowl lather

Switched things up today. Loaded on the soap for a count of 30 with a well wrung out brush. Also focused on keeping a steeper angle. Socially accepted shave in 2 passes. The RK is definitely not as sharp as Nacet. Smooth tho.

12-15-22 PM

Not happy with the amount of stubble when I woke up tonight.

Handlathered a small dollop of Proraso green. Added water till nice and slick.
Loaded new Nacet into Henson mild and did 1 xtg pass. Relathered and buffed.

BBS or near enough. Never experienced menthol in shave soap/cream...interesting sensation. Kind of liked it.
Will be trying a new routine going forward. GC68 for first 2 passes then Henson for cleanup/buffing. Why? Why not?

Top Bottom