What's new

Jays Journal

Never experienced menthol in shave soap/cream...interesting sensation. Kind of liked it.

Yeah man! I tried Green and really liked it.

Then I got a sample of Noble Otter Orbit and wooooah. Big difference from Proraso Green. Green is like a nice cool tingling. Orbit is like ice water on your face.

I'm keeping the Green and not buying a big jar of Orbit :)

Yeah man! I tried Green and really liked it.

Then I got a sample of Noble Otter Orbit and wooooah. Big difference from Proraso Green. Green is like a nice cool tingling. Orbit is like ice water on your face.

I'm keeping the Green and not buying a big jar of Orbit :)
Sounds like the Noble Otter would probably be more then I care for. Certainly more then I am willing to buy a full tub to find out!

12-17-22 AM

Pre: bit of early lather
Razor: GC84P Nacet(2)
Henson+ RK(2)
Soap: XXX
Brush: 1305

Bowl lathered XXX 2 passes with Gamechanger N-S, S-N.
Cleanup pass with Henson; lighly soaped random buffing strokes. BBS with a barely noticeable tingle from the Brut worked very nice.
Decided to break up and smush the 1/2 MWF puck from the OS mug into my new lather bowl from the Missus. Did a couple practise lather/loads and the chunks seem to be stuck down. Not pretty but seems functional. New bowl has a good tight fitting lid to help stop puck from drying out.
20221217_080320.jpg

Wait till you tried Proraso Green preshave and then Proraso Green lather - very nice kick!
I might pickup the preshave to try...haven't used a preshave before. Dont care for the scent much so not likely to get the splash.

12-17-22 AM

Pre: bit of early lather
Razor: GC84P Nacet(2)
Henson+ RK(2)
Soap: XXX

Bowl lathered XXX 2 passes with Gamechanger N-S, S-N.
Cleanup pass with Henson; lighly soaped random buffing strokes. BBS with a barely noticeable tingle from the Brut worked very nice.
Decided to break up and smush the 1/2 MWF puck from the OS mug into my new lather bowl from the Missus. Did a couple practise lather/loads and the chunks seem to be stuck down. Not pretty but seems functional. New bowl has a good tight fitting lid to help stop puck from drying out.
View attachment 1573501

Ok, let her know I think you win the shaving bowl competition. And that scooper spoon is wild, I love it!

Ok, let her know I think you win the shaving bowl competition. And that scooper spoon is wild, I love it!
Thanks, LOL is a soup bowl from Dollorama!
The spoon got found when tilling up an old garden bed. Pretty sure it got lost into the compost pile and eventually into the garden. My grandparents gardened on this property for nearly 70 years before I bought it from them.

That picture showing the Henson towering over the Game Changer has helped dull my urge to try a Henson.

The soup soap dish is extremely awesome!
It is a long handle. The GC is on the RR thin bar handle which is pretty short. I like the Henson, in fact it was my first DE. Would probably have been my last....then I found this website!

I might pickup the preshave to try...haven't used a preshave before. Dont care for the scent much so not likely to get the splash.
Scent of the splash is gone in the blink of an eye. What is nice though is that the splash has nutrients like witch hazel built in. I use the entire green line - so preshave, soap, splash and balm. Bliss!

Guido

Scent of the splash is gone in the blink of an eye. What is nice though is that the splash has nutrients like witch hazel built in. I use the entire green line - so preshave, soap, splash and balm. Bliss!

Guido
Hhmmm. Well maybe next year when I need to restock on aftershaves I might give it a shot.

12-18-22 PM shave

Pre: wash with Pears
Razors: GC84P Bic(1)
Henson+ Bic(1)
Soap: MWF

2 passes with Gamechanger for DFS and then buffing to BBS with Henson. Slightly irritated on my neck. Maybe to much buffing.

12-19-22

So got home from work this morning and realized that after 12 hours my BBS shave was still at what I would consider a DFS+. Lastnight was the closest shave I have ever had.
Sitting here now 24 hours post shave my skin is slightly sensitive and has a strange feel to it in spots. Sort of smooth and bumpy at the same time. Unsure if its from adding the Henson buffing pass or from the .84 being too much for my skin.
I think I shall not shave until tomorrow evening(48hrs) and repeat shave using .68 and see if I have the same reaction.

12-21-22 AM

Pre: Shower face wash with Lever
Razors: GC84P Bic(2)
Henson+ Bic(2)
Soap: "42" facelather

Slept in lastnight so didnt get a shave in until this morning. Usual N-S, S-N and final ATG/cleanup with Henson...fantastic. B&M is a wonderful soap face feels fantastic and "42" smells awesome.

BBS again.

12-24-22 2pm

Pre: non
Razors: Lupo alu.
Nacet(1)
Soap: Blue barbershop
Brush: 10019

All 3 passes with Lupo. DFS +++ a fine first go the the Lupo, its a keeper! I reall seem to prefer light razors.

12-25-22 PM

Pre: non
Razors: Lupo alu.
Nacet(2)
Soap: "42"
Brush: 10019

Went 2 passes: e/w on cheecks and s/n on neck. s/n on face and n/s(45°) on neck. Left me at DFS+++ slight bit of buffing would have been BBS. This razor is so smooth with incredible audio feedback. Fantastic.

Top Bottom