What's new

Japanese Schick Injector?

Does anyone here own one of the Japanese Schick Injectors? How do they compare to other models?

proxy.php

I believe they're the last model of injector produced by Schick and were recently (or relatively so) taken out of production.

They're supposed to be good shavers - not as aggressive as the "E" types (the older ones with the bakelite handles and brass heads).

If you got one at a reasonable price, its a nice find.

They can go for a lot on e-bay, but if you're just looking for a good injector to shave with, there are other models that are more common (but likely not NOS).

Hope this helps.

according to the chart on safetyrazors.net
http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm

that is a 1999-2001 Type-O injector only sold in the japanese market, NOS sealed in blister pack tend to go for $60-$100 depending on the day and quantity offered,
i belive mantic has one, i have seen it in the videos,

now, BEWARE, these are the injectors that NWC copied to make their crappy injector reissue, they look similar, but the build quality on the NWC is quite poor, you can notice that the guard bar is curved insted of straight, and the blade dosnt sit cleanly on the 2 bumps (rule of thumb for injectors, blade fully in clip, straight bar, the blade sits straight on both support "bumps"),

Wait...what do you mean by copies? You're saying they are ALL copies...or only certain ones?

no, i mean that nationwide campus used this japanese model as a basis for their cheap injector copy, the injector type O is a formidable shaver from what i hear, but the nationwide campus injector is **** poor in the quality section, its a cheap chinese copy of the type O,

this is the nationwide campus injector
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?ltr=N&t=6374

you will notice that it looks similar, but the head and handle arent exactly the same,

I see...well thanks for the heads up.

One other question. What's with the blades that come with this razor? They are called "Injector II" blades, and they seem to only be sold in Japan. Are they any different from the American Twin blades?

Back around 2001, I had the pleasure of buying three Shick injectors online at the www.ifinallyfoundit.com website run by the owner of Schick at the time. As noted at least one place on the internet, I was surprised to receive the Type O in a plastic bubble-wrap bag and no other packaging. I think I have one in the original bag somewhere, and will try to post a picture when I find it.

Now the website is:
http://shop.warner-lambert.com/ but no more razors and no more gum and candy as pfizer bought w-l and sold both divisions off.

...anyone know where one of these razors can be purchased????
Type O clones are no longer being made so secondary market is where to look. Besides the usual auction sites try posting a want to buy request for this razor over in the BST.

If you want a modern injector, shave classic makes a copy of the Schick Japanese Type L1 razor. Those you can find on ebay, amazon, etc.

There was a seller of the O Clone in the mid to late 2018 who sold a clone of the O for a very reasonable price; ebarbershop.com. Unfortunately, he shut down due to health reasons i believe. Xxvaleria, this website, has one of the original O types and an ebarbershop clone. He said that they are identical and shave the same. In ’16 I purchased a O clone from ebarbershop. It’s a beautiful razor, well-made, slightly heavier than the earlier Schicks, and shaves beautifully. I wish I knew where he got them.

A quick update. I see the site is up again. He now has an L clone for sale. I cannot comment on the quality of that razor. But, the O clone he sold was a gem.

A type O recently sold on the bay for more than an alloy Supply V2 injector can be had new. You might want consider the Supply. It's a good razor.

I should also add having owned a Schick Type O and O clone that they do shave identically far as I can tell. If price is an issue then go for the O clone.

The price of one on you-know-where is up to $51 with less than 23 hours left. It's located in the U.S. and is a genuine Japanese made one, listed as "new". There is also one listed for $300 + $15 shipping from Canada, still sealed in it's plastic bag. Is it really worth it considering it is a mild shaver? I bought the Supply V2 a couple of months ago for $75. I haven't given it enough chances yet but it is not working well for me. I've tried all 3 plates. I haven't gotten a close shave with any plate yet, but I have gotten some razor burn. This is my first injector, though. I am using the Supply blades, which I'm told are Personnas.

Sold for $127.50. Listed as new but has scratches and signs of wear. That is not new then. Is it worth that for the shave, or just because it is rare? How much did it cost when originally sold by mail order in the U.S.?

Isn’t this the mildest Schick injector since it is the highest letter in the alphabet? Is it still capable of at least a DFS?

It's not worth it to me and it would have completed my Schick alphabet. I don't think the value is there just because they weren't made for the US market. That is just my extremely humble opinion.

It's not worth it to me and it would have completed my Schick alphabet. I don't think the value is there just because they weren't made for the US market. That is just my extremely humble opinion.
You're probably right. But the listings claim it was available for the U.S. market but only through mail order. I have to admit is seems to be the nicest looking injector made by Schick from the pictures. I just haven't gotten along with the Supply V2 with my limited shaves. I think it has been less than 100 days so I can still return it. But I got the deal they offered where they gave me a "year's" worth of blades for free: 32 blades. So for $75 for a cool looking razor and all those blades makes it hard to return. I like the fact that it has 3 plates, making it semi-adjustable. I just need to give it more tries.

I didn't want to buy a used Schick injector because I heard they were hard to clean and sometimes the heads are damaged. The NOS are hard to come by, at least at a reasonable price. I would go for the adjustable M so I wouldn't have to experiment with different types until I found one to my liking as far as aggressiveness. The new "L" clones I heard stink, and the "O" clones are unavailable now. I just missed the boat on the O clone as usual because as soon as I got interested in injectors they were gone.

And don't we all want the closest shave possible, BBS, with no irritation? I have no idea which Schick would fit the bill besides the M, since I don't want to collect a bunch of injectors. And I don't like the looks of those old ones with the bake-lite handles. The O looks so cool.

I have the O clone that I purchased for $30 on ebarbershop a few years back. I love it! The razor works well with a regular single edge Schick blade and it’s fantastic with a twin injector blade!

Top Bottom