What's new

Japanese razors in real life

He's talking about the great shopping center named Mitsuwa. My daughter's summer internship is about five minutes away, so we're there about once a week. She is apparently addicted to beef udon.

It sells a variety of items, but it is primarily food based.
There is also a good book and stationery store, and a store with various toys and sundries, including kimonos and tea sets, and a few other dry goods stores. But the noodle shops and supermarket are the main things. So no Feather or Kai razor blades, but plenty of gyoza dumplings.

Your kidding right?

Most have next to no facial hair at all. Not a good market for shavers of any kind.
This guy probably couldn't find anything but cheapo Gatsby plastic disposable razors and decided the heck with it.
japanese beard.jpg

That's an interesting report. I would have thought Feather single edge blades were available in stores in Japan, especially since Schick and Kai both make blades the same size. Same for Feather DE blades.

That's an interesting report. I would have thought Feather single edge blades were available in stores in Japan, especially since Schick and Kai both make blades the same size. Same for Feather DE blades.

I've checked a lot of stores near me in Tokyo, most carry the feather de blades. I have never seen single edge blades and most carry schick injector blades but they aren't cheap. I've been told some barbers will sell the AC style blades but you won't find them in many stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom