What's new

Janus Razor Shaves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we in China, someone telling someone else they can't enter the premises, can't make a comment because this or that? This is a shaving forum, not a court of law. I've been here for 3 years and have seen people defend soap makers and razor makers no matter what problem guys have with them. He is a great guy, very polite, get real these guys make a product to make money, not to make friends. When I was in trucking and made a late delivery I got to hear the receivers jump my butt. Bad weather, breakdowns didn't matter, there was no excuse, and yes I was a nice guy.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Stuart, I'm not sure what China has to do with this, since logic and reasoning work the same over there as it does anywhere else.

Loot - or anyone else on this forum - can make any comment he wants as long as it conforms to the rules of the forum, doesnt constitute abuse, and doesnt run afoul of the mods. I was just pointing out to loot what seemed to me to be a logical inconsistency in his reasoning process. Just as he can make any logically inconsistent statement or position he wants, I also can point that out if I want, right?

As for criticising products, you are right, consumers who buy products and are disappointed with the results have a right to complain no matter how nice the seller is. However unlike trucking, there are very few people who would dare to take on a project like this to resurrect a long discontinued classic razor design and modernise it for the 21st century. Is it in our interests as razor enthusiasts to maul this guy's razor to death in this forum and basically condemn his nascent enterprise to a certain end? Maybe there are other enthusiasts among us who have the dream to do something out of their passion to produce an innovative razor design and see what happened to eric and how there are so many who are all too happy to see him fail, and give up their idea and say this isnt worth the aggravation...

There is also our ability to keep our criticism constructive - those who have experienced the razor can ventilate the issues and problems with full disclosure without needing to go beyond the point when they start to appear to set out to shred it. We can be empathetic and put ourselves in Eric's shoes and we can be better and act with more restraint and consideration than those clients of yours in the past...

Just my two cents worth on this...

Are we in China, someone telling someone else they can't enter the premises, can't make a comment because this or that? This is a shaving forum, not a court of law. I've been here for 3 years and have seen people defend soap makers and razor makers no matter what problem guys have with them. He is a great guy, very polite, get real these guys make a product to make money, not to make friends. When I was in trucking and made a late delivery I got to hear the receivers jump my butt. Bad weather, breakdowns didn't matter, there was no excuse, and yes I was a nice guy.

I want to throw in my 2 cents to thank the mods/admins for graciously grooming and reopening this thread. Proves to me once again their motive and purpose is to maintain the fair and open exchange of info and polite discussion on the passion we all share: Wet shaving.

ps. I will never leave. (Unless I get banned again :))

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I want to throw in my 2 cents to thank the mods/admins for graciously grooming and reopening this thread. Proves to me once again their motive and purpose is to maintain the fair and open exchange of info and polite discussion on the passion we all share: Wet shaving. :)

The sad part is people are starting to bicker again. If it continues the thread will be locked. Last chance people!!

The sad part is people are starting to bicker again. If it continues the thread will be locked. Last chance people!!
Oh noes. If it gets nasty again please consider a stern warning to the offenders, then delete their post. Too much good info in here to lock the whole thing. Thanks for the warning though, mods have too much to do already to waste time babysitting a single thread.

Stuart, I'm not sure what China has to do with this, since logic and reasoning work the same over there as it does anywhere else.

Loot - or anyone else on this forum - can make any comment he wants as long as it conforms to the rules of the forum, doesnt constitute abuse, and doesnt run afoul of the mods. I was just pointing out to loot what seemed to me to be a logical inconsistency in his reasoning process. Just as he can make any logically inconsistent statement or position he wants, I also can point that out if I want, right?

As for criticising products, you are right, consumers who buy products and are disappointed with the results have a right to complain no matter how nice the seller is. However unlike trucking, there are very few people who would dare to take on a project like this to resurrect a long discontinued classic razor design and modernise it for the 21st century. Is it in our interests as razor enthusiasts to maul this guy's razor to death in this forum and basically condemn his nascent enterprise to a certain end? Maybe there are other enthusiasts among us who have the dream to do something out of their passion to produce an innovative razor design and see what happened to eric and how there are so many who are all too happy to see him fail, and give up their idea and say this isnt worth the aggravation...

There is also our ability to keep our criticism constructive - those who have experienced the razor can ventilate the issues and problems with full disclosure without needing to go beyond the point when they start to appear to set out to shred it. We can be empathetic and put ourselves in Eric's shoes and we can be better and act with more restraint and consideration than those clients of yours in the past...

Just my two cents worth on this...
First of all I didn't mention the man who produced this razor. The China comment was made because, well if you can't figure that out one day you will.

That's my 5 cents worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom