What's new

January 2023 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Those cracks are common on the Slim Twists, both white and black. Strangely enough. Out of 10 or more that I have, only one has cracks. And 2-3 have never been used.
Do you mean your head can be removed from the handle? Ususally even with cracks those razors hold well.
C7C02A23-B72B-4EED-A053-7E8262FCC750.jpeg

PXL_20230128_145737575.jpg

GRUME, GRUYERE & 365 Shaves...Still In!
Today is also SV Saturday.

Hey Guys
Wednesday, February 1st, I plan to re-start my association with the Shave of the Week Society, Fruity February and the one blade for the month group. My primary objective is to gain experience with the Feather DX straight razor. My biggest concern is whether the Artist Club blade will hold up for 28 days.

It is interesting that a month ago I described myself as a "mild" razor guy. Since then I have used open comb, slant, shavette and now a straight razor-that uses disposable blades. What a difference in one month.

I hope everyone has a good weekend and as always...Please take care of yourself and each other.

Day 28, 90.3% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, KCG #8
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

It was Cubebe's turn for SV Saturday. Since Friday's shave was an autopilot one, made up for it with a leisurely near-BBS.

Date29.01.2023
365 days of shaving29/365 (100%)
GRUYERE29/365 (100%)
GRUME January29/31 (100%)
Other participations

Passes2.75
WXTGN-S cheeks and neck
XWTGL:W-E
R:E-W
Neck: S-N
ATGCheeks and neck S-N

RazorBladeBrush
Swedish SwingKCG (3)Simpson T3
Pre-shaveSoap & BowlPost-shave
Cold splashDutchy Bergamot
Hybrid lathering
Cold splash

EfficiencyQuality
8/10 (~20 minutes)6/10 (number of weepers)
EffectivenessComfort
6.5/10 (DFS-)7/10 (harsh)

Notes to today’s shave:

Still in and I am going to complete this one successfully!! Hold on brothers - just two more days!!

An educational shave today. It started out smooth and comfortable, but after the initial strokes I found myself having a hard time finding the right angle with this razor and blade.

More details on this shave can be found here.

Tomorrow is another shave. The R41 is up, but maybe I should give my skin a break.

Date29.01.2023
365 days of shaving29/365 (100%)
GRUYERE29/365 (100%)
GRUME January29/31 (100%)
Other participations

Passes2.75
WXTGN-S cheeks and neck
XWTGL:W-E
R:E-W
Neck: S-N
ATGCheeks and neck S-N

RazorBladeBrush
Swedish SwingKCG (3)Simpson T3
Pre-shaveSoap & BowlPost-shave
Cold splashDutchy Bergamot
Hybrid lathering
Cold splash

EfficiencyQuality
8/10 (~20 minutes)6/10 (number of weepers)
EffectivenessComfort
6.5/10 (DFS-)7/10 (harsh)

Notes to today’s shave:

Still in and I am going to complete this one successfully!! Hold on brothers - just two more days!!

An educational shave today. It started out smooth and comfortable, but after the initial strokes I found myself having a hard time finding the right angle with this razor and blade.

More details on this shave can be found here.

Tomorrow is another shave. The R41 is up, but maybe I should give my skin a break.
I've got the R41 lined up for tomorrow as well. Got a bit of brush burn this morning so I'm curious to see how I get on with a more aggressive razor.

Top Bottom