What's new

January 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Day 25, 80.6% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: Rockwell 6S R4, Al Handle, Wizamet SI #8
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Hyaluronic Acid.

Took my time, and got a near-BBS face, plus good neck result. Had some irritation which balm sorted out. Probably user error, but it's time for a new blade.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Still in,

thumbnail_IMG_7476.jpg

Decided to bring out the CH2 in best. Compared to the broken in boar? This is scrubby! and DENSE.. like rubbing a tennis ball on your face dense... and a lot different in terms of water amount, and had to work it slowly to even start to build some lather. Still got it going and it was nice. Makes it want to try a version of this in Super.

jan 26 22.jpg

Such a lovely scent, it's too bad it's discontinued for 2022. I noticed that the samples and the refill pucks are already sold out so this may stop me from doing February GRUME to pick another one up. If it's gone by Feb 1st, that's another story.

Hope everyone is having a good day so far!

Day 26, 83.9% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.68 OC, Ti Handle, Boots #2
Razor: GC.68 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #5
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Hyaluronic Acid.

A dual Game Changer shave again. Did pass 1 WTG and most of the XTG work with the open comb, then used the safety bar for ATG, neck shave and tidy-up.

Got a textbook result: BBS face, good clean neck shave, no irritation.

Still in

Brush: Morris & Forndran L7 Bi-Colour 26mm Finest, forgot how great a brush this is, I loaned it out to @SharpieB so he could try one since they do not ship to Canada 🇨🇦.

Blade: Timor (2)

Bowl: Captain’s Large Copper Bowl

Soap: Stirling Varen mutton base really great soap thanks to @Hannah's Dad

Razor: WR2 SS SB 1.25mm w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle

Post Shave: Ethos Unscented Skin Food, Hyaluronic Acid
D5A2006A-BA97-4E15-82FA-6324657AAF72.jpeg

B459FC41-01B0-4C95-A410-21574538B00C.jpeg

5027A2E9-10E6-4029-BDD7-74C2479E1722.jpeg

Doug, 65 in Tucson, Arizona

SOTD #027/2022
27-Jan-2022
20220127_105316-01-01.jpeg

Still in!

In the last couple of days I tried to build up some muscle memory regarding the wtg pass on my cheeks with the Feather SS (and finished my shaves with a DE). It did go pretty well. This is why I decided to do a two pass shave with it today.

I ended up with a pleasant dfs result and just one tiny nick. When I placed the blade in the soul patch area I went a tad to steep and got me lightly. Whilst not being the closest shave of the week I felt no need for a DE finish.
I'm still in the early learning stage but it's getting better.

Happy shaves!

Last edited:
Top Bottom