What's new

January 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in! Oiled up the Rolls Razor blade because my Thiers Issard has been stealing the show again lately. I'll get back to the Rolls eventually.

Apparently Stirling Noir is getting discontinued which kinda sucks as I wanted the matching splash. Hopefully it's still around once Feb hits. I don't "need" it though so hopefully it won't be a GRUME killer.

Still in. I smell like high school in the early 80’s! 😱

17EFE920-C4F8-4D90-9163-F1A23258F373.jpeg

Still in

Brush: Rudy Vey “Beehive Butterscotch Swirl “ 28mm Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip, this is my favorite handle that Rudy made for me the detail in the beehive was very time consuming to do by hand, only a true artist could have done it this well.

Blade: Timor (5)
Bowl: Captain’s Large Copper Bowl
Soap: Ethos Colonia
Razor: WR2 SS SB 1.25mm, w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle
Post Shave: Ethos Unscented Skin Food

E7537623-212A-4569-8B89-18240BE14EEF.jpeg

Doug, 65 in Tucson, Arizona

Still in

Brush: Rudy Vey “Beehive Butterscotch Swirl “ 28mm Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip, this is my favorite handle that Rudy made for me the detail in the beehive was very time consuming to do by hand, only a true artist could have done it this well.

Blade: Timor (5)
Bowl: Captain’s Large Copper Bowl
Soap: Ethos Colonia
Razor: WR2 SS SB 1.25mm, w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle
Post Shave: Ethos Unscented Skin Food

E7537623-212A-4569-8B89-18240BE14EEF.jpeg

Doug, 65 in Tucson, Arizona
Wow, look at us. Neither of us have bought a single brush in a whole two weeks! 😱

Day 14, 45.2% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: Rockwell 6S R5, Ti Handle, Wizamet SI #2
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Hyaluronic Acid.

Used the Rockwell, for an easy near-BBS. Trying R5 again, I think R4 is just as good for daily use.

An email by them, their "last chance for winter scents" email.

"Discontinued scents for at least 2022 - Agar - Stirling Blu - Hipster - Stirling Noir - Dunshire - Nag Champa"
Thanks.
You still should be be able to get Stirling Noir in February. If not from Stirling directly you might likely find them via one of the online vendor's.

I assume some of the scents will be available in the future again (Stirling sometimes reintruduces discontinued scents as black Friday specials...). I'm glad I restocked on Hipster prior to the start of GRUYERE though (my current tub is almost emoty)... it's one of my most preferred scents from Stirling.

SOTD #015/2022
15-Jan-2022

20220115_100836-01.jpeg

Still in.

A dramafree shave with two smooth passes. Done and out of the house. I missed some minor spots on my neck so I ended up with a DFS/BBS mixed result. Nice enough for a grey Saturday.

Today I added some drops of blood orange eo to my lather today, since Tuscany is a rather floral driven scent, which is a tad sticky and lacks a bit of freshness - to my nose. Turned to be a very nice tune up, so I sticked with the orange theme and finished my shave with 3x Orange Chill (splash, witch hazel and psb).

Have a great weekend, y'all!

PS: Almost half of the way is done...well done Gents!

Quick update on the Beagle brush situation. Bernd has sent me a reply offering me a new Beagle Handle and I've paid Shavemac €30 for the replacement handle.

Which means...

I'm out

See y'all in February
At the risk of being called a casuist again @Owen Bawn ;) - stuff that breaks is covered in 1c.

Again it’s your call if you say that you are out but for me that was not a frivolous purchase but the first aid on a freak accident.

Top Bottom