What's new

January 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in.

Wolfman WR1/Polsilver Stainless shave later today with an Omega Jade boar and A&E Which One’s Pink? soap. All laid out and ready to go until a customer crisis started. At least I didn’t have a my face covered in lather before dropping everything and getting on calls this time. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Still in. SOTD - 13 JAN 2022

SOTD 01132022.jpg

Excellent shave today. I cut down on the strokes and made each pass simple. Paid attention to each stroke and aiming for an efficient shave without constant buffing. A close DFS shave with light sting on the alum.

Still in..... With work, weather and a family emergency it's shave #3 with 7 days of growth. (Last shave was in the 6th😳).
Decisions, decisions... Dive into the larder to ramp up the aggression level and the slickness.
Tonight shave is the ATT Windsor with the H plate and Titan handle to allow the weight to drive the shave, Dorco Prime Platinum blade(2), Barrister and Mann 42... To answer all the questions in the universe, and an Omega 10098.
Aftershave will be Nivea sensitive cooling shave balm.
PXL_20220114_015251723.jpg

Last edited:
Brush: Mozingo ZT3 26mm
Blade: Timor (4) , 14 shaves with 3 different blades and every single one was BBS with no effort
Bowl: Captain’s Large Copper Bowl
Soap: Ethos Vanilla Safi
Razor: WR2 SS SB 1.25mm, w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle
Post Shave: Ethos Unscented Skin Food
FEB1F0CF-6CFE-4888-BA06-04F18180AD7D.jpeg

Doug, 65 in Tucson, Arizona

Still in!
IMG_20220113_223222__01.jpg

I was undecided on this brush. It was a Christmas present and I have been using it every 3rd day or so. I was underwhelmed at first. My less expensive badgers seemed to perform around the same, maybe a little better, but today this guy was a lather monster! I did my usual loading routine, so I don't know if it took time to break in or if I finally learned how much water to shake out but after 3 passes I had half a bowl bowl left!

Day 13, 41.9% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.68 SB, Al Handle, KCG #4
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Hyaluronic Acid.

It got late, so settled for a quick autopilot shave, plus one pass on my neck.

Still in, ordered a few toothpaste last night, but no shave related product.

Prep : warm shower/ Bulldog original face wash
Pre shave : Proraso blue
Brush : Maggard SY24 synthetic
Cream : Proraso white croap
Razor : Merkur 34 HD
Blade : Voshkod (2)
Post : Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel , Nivea Sensitive balm

DFS no cut nick irritation, not BBS but I am not chasing those down , just a Damn Fine Shave

IMG-9137.jpg

SOTD #014/2022
14-Jan-2022

20220114_102923-01-01-01.jpeg

Still in.

A zen-like shave. Due to the substantial blade gap/exposure of the Karve G-plate (1.36mm with +0.25mm exposure) I focused on a light touch, slowed down and literally applied zero pressure. The sharp yet super smooth Polsilver Stainless amplified the shaving comfort, it such a great blade for my face.

I was rewarded with a perfect shave. 2 passes, no touch-ups, no pink lather - not even a hint of a tiny nick. It's been my best shave with this plate thus far.

EDIT: I didn't picture the soap I used today: Catie's Bubbles "Le Marché du Rasage". Nice aquatic scent with creamy slickness. A good soap imo.

Have some great shaves, y'all!

Last edited:
Still in!
View attachment 1393427
I was undecided on this brush. It was a Christmas present and I have been using it every 3rd day or so. I was underwhelmed at first. My less expensive badgers seemed to perform around the same, maybe a little better, but today this guy was a lather monster! I did my usual loading routine, so I don't know if it took time to break in or if I finally learned how much water to shake out but after 3 passes I had half a bowl bowl left!
Simpson Manchurian takes quite a while to break in. I used my M7 Manchurian yesterday and it is a great brush IMO!

Top Bottom