What's new

January 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Day 29, 93.5% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: Rockwell 6S R4, Al Handle, Astra SP #2
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-Phase Lotion.

It got late, so had an autopilot face shave with the Rockwell, and did a single pass on my neck.

Still in

Pearl Flexi @5
Crystal (14) and retired
Shavemac Silvertip Bulb 22mm
TOBS Sandalwood

IMG-4033_DSC_3948.JPG

SOTD #030/2022
30-Jan-2022
20220130_124004-01.jpeg

Still in.

This shave has been nothing but a delight. I don't know why, but the Vector doesn't fail to impress me. Maybe it is just a superior razor. IIRC I have not had one single mediocre shave with it since I got one. It's such a nimble razor.

You can feel it, I'm amazed. Couldn't have started this Sunday in a better way.

Besides, we are almost there 😀

Have some great shaves, y'all!

Still in. Continuing to play with the Yaqi Mellon razor. Today with a fresh German Wilkinson, one of my favorite blades. The Proraso Wood & Spice did another excellent job of providing for a comfortable shave, whipped up by the Simpson Trafalgar brush. Finished off with some OGX Argan Oil of Morocco lotion.

Attachments

• Wilkies Shave.jpeg
    Wilkies Shave.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
Still in.

Another successful month with the Grume team, it was a breeze.

I've went busy curating my shaving items and have been on a cutting down frenzy since last quarter.

I've sold off 5 soaps and another brush which were not getting any use.

Not purchasing new items and using the already present items is relaxing but figuring out what to sell off and making more space is also very rewarding.

I'm hopeful for shedding a few more items to come to a good place in my rotation where it isn't a chore but a pleasure, where each of the items in my humble Den is my favorite.

This will take a while and some more trial and error, but I'm confident that it will be a healthy rotation.

I'm not looking for a Minimalist shave rotation, but finding out the less preferred items and letting them go is a must, of I want to truly enjoy the hobby.

I've had a wonderful shave with Stirling Port Au Prince and it is definitely a step diagonally above if not above the beef tallow.

Blackland Blackbird Open Comb and me have come to terms and cap riding is giving me great, comfortable shaves.

See you fine gentlemen in February GRUME soon, that is if I don't post here tomorrow.

Day 30, 96.8% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.68 OC, Ti Handle, Boots #4
Razor: GC.68 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #7
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-Phase Lotion.

Used dual Game Changers again, and got yet another textbook shave: BBS face, good clean neck shave, no irritation. Barring user error, this kit seems to give me ideal results on one day's growth.

Still in, one more day

Brush: Rudy Vey “Red Wolf “ 28mm Shavemac 2 band Silvertip Bulb
Blade: Timor (2)
Bowl: Captain’s Large Copper Bowl
Soap: MDC Fougere, this soap passed the test.
Razor: WR2 SS SB 1.25mm w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle
Post Shave: Ethos Unscented Skin Food, Hyaluronic Acid

The bulb knot has taken a little longer to break in than the fan knot but it was worth it.
0DE136C8-4099-4055-9D1A-E09DD9ED70A0.jpeg

D18C4595-BA57-4E8C-9F7C-9E60F0155275.jpeg

43E4F65D-FFCB-4B0F-B2FB-CBB0ECDCB411.jpeg

Doug, 65 in Tucson, Arizona

Top Bottom