What's new

January 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in. While going through B&B last night I stumbled on a thread about the Yaqi Mellon and how good it is, so today I decided I would try mine. I bought it a couple years ago when I bought the Katana head and have never used it. So today I decided to remedy that. I put in a fresh Treet Falcon blade and did my normal S-N head shave. I like it, the Yaqi razor heads are impressive when you consider the price. Single pass with touch-up got me my normal smooth shave. I'll use for the next week to see what I think of it. But not bad.

Yaqi Mellon razor
Treet Falcon carbon blade
Stirling Bay Rum
Omega Boar brush
Alba Botanica 98% Aloe Vera

qsa5P-RTRy2RwFdk7mbDyA.jpeg

Still in, decided to get the kit change a bit and have a different picture for the last bleu SOTD thread, well if I understand how that thread works ... Added the Marvis aquatic Mint and blue tooth brush to the morning grooming seance

IMG-9149.jpg

Prep : warm shower/ Nivea Men Deep cleaning face scrub
Pre shave : Cremo cream cooling formula
Brush : Maggard SY24 synthetic
Cream : Nivea Blue
Razor : Merkur 34 HD
Blade : GSB (2)

Still a bleh shave to say the least, sharper blade and me do not agree , 2 and done, I had nacet and platinium blade next to try, I will just postpone this until a later much later date and will get back to the Voshkod blade for the forceable future. quite a bit of irritation too.

I'll give my face a 3 day break, do a 1 pass , chin touch up mow down on Wednesday and give it another 3 days before doing another shave next saturday. I guess the next resupply date will see me get my first 100 purchase done, I have 1 tuck left of those Voshkod blade.

I think this counts as an exception. You can order group buys and remain in. I ordered the Lemondrop 26mm Fan!

Exceptions:

1. Members may participate in B&B Group Buys or B&B branded shaving item purchases, because these may be limited items and all support this common ground. They must be advertised on behalf of B&B to qualify. In an effort to stay true to restraints commitments, please limit B&B purchases to one (1) shaving item per month, including contributions to B&B! (All Non-Shaving B&B items are fair game.)

And when a brother falls @Timeclo to brassy birds and such it's time for...

Roll Call!

1) @FoolishMortal
2) @Multum in parvo
3) @elmo_koffman - GRUYERE
4) @B_R_A_D - GRUYERE
5) @Doti B
6) @sandorfi
7) Timeclo - out (1/23: Brass Blackbird & soaps)
8) @Balin - GRUYERE
9) sarir97 - out (1/18: Tatara Nodachi plate)
10. @SharpieB
11. @spirograph (GRUME noob)
12. @Angus MacAngus - GRUYERE
13. @Roedeer
14. @Heavy_Metal_Hound
15) @linty1
16) @Kyle89
17) @hopper_64
18) @wmadoty - GRUYERE
19) @kjbarth - GRUYERE
20) @Stuart Ganis
21) @Cafebarian - GRUYERE
22) @cryhavoc
23) abz88 - out (1/10 Semogue LE Boar)
24) @BaPh96
25) @Dodger59
26) @Leverspro
27) @Heron
28) @JAHE- GRUYERE
29) @JWCowboy - GRUYERE
30) @SgtCrppls - Doug
31) @Contact_vs_Feedback
32) @La Malice

thumbnail_IMG_7463.jpg

Still in.

The last shave this month with the SOC boar, I'm really glad I decided to stick with it for a month, it's just so much more softer now, I thought it was already well broken in, but there was more to be had. It's a really nice brush, I don't know why I didn't come back to it more often. It needs to be recommended more often imo.

View attachment 1398577

Still in.

The last shave this month with the SOC boar, I'm really glad I decided to stick with it for a month, it's just so much more softer now, I thought it was already well broken in, but there was more to be had. It's a really nice brush, I don't know why I didn't come back to it more often. It needs to be recommended more often imo.
I will use mine today as well.

Still in

Pre-shave: hot shower
Lather: Williams / Stirling Executive Man
Brush: Omega Professional Boar
Razor: RR Game Changer 68 SB
Blade: Parker (3)
Post-shave: Lucky Tiger

The Williams puck has gotten small enough that it now sits atop the Stirling. Early start to the day. CCS in 2 passes.

Peace

Top Bottom