What's new

January 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in.
Shave off between some old favorites and some new ones. I have slowly migrated to the mid-aggressive razors with emphasis on efficiency. This had led me to a lot of se razors. Unfortunately, my old stock can't quite keep up so I'm likely to start shrinking my collection. Tonight I used the PAA Ascension vs my GEM Featherweight. I think the Ascension will go up on the BST, unless someone here is looking to trade a mid-aggressive razor or a few for it.
0111212043a~2.jpg

Still in.
Shave off between some old favorites and some new ones. I have slowly migrated to the mid-aggressive razors with emphasis on efficiency. This had led me to a lot of se razors. Unfortunately, my old stock can't quite keep up so I'm likely to start shrinking my collection. Tonight I used the PAA Ascension vs my GEM Featherweight. I think the Ascension will go up on the BST, unless someone here is looking to trade a mid-aggressive razor or a few for it.
View attachment 1207422
The featherweight is the best gem style razor that I've ever used.

Still in.

Preshave: Hot washcloth, Nuage oil
Soap: Arko, bowl-lathered
Brush: Men-U boar
Razor: Rockwell 6S, R4, Personna 74 #26
Post-shave: Brut AS, Nivea Balm.

DFS, but this blade has definitely gone "tuggy" on my chin, so time to retire it. 26 is a respectable performance, more than I've got out of any modern DE blade.

Only 4 left in this packet, but having looked at this thread, The Strange Evolution Of Personna 74* Packaging - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/the-strange-evolution-of-personna-74-packaging.210170/ I've got 15 maybe or maybe-not Personna 74s from a different source, waiting for a test drive.

I need to try it, but PAA CK6 is twice the price as Stirling in Canada. I find it hard to spend more than $25CAD for soap and PAA is almost $40 here. Maybe I’ll get lucky on BST.
Well (clears throat), I bet there is someone in this thread where 57% of their soaps are PAA CK-6 and also have unused spare tubs of their favorites. They may be open to trade. Especially since there is no hope of them all being used up in under five years. Oh, and that person might be in a class that PAA gives a discount to.
I am in the same boat. Let me see what I have lying around. 👍
This is what makes our obsession with shaving fun, and speaks well about our culture here!

Still in and now researching CK-6!

Rocnel and Arko for a Turkish Tuesday shave!

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Soap: Arko Soap in a Bowl
Razor: Rocnel Elite/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Derby Premium (5)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (10)
Brush: The Shave Factory Turkish Boar
AS/EdC: Arko Platinum

Turkish Tuesday for the win!
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
An aging SS Shark in the red tip SS; Simpsons Eagle G3 Pure raked the Arko-mashed-in-a-mug, and then I finished with Vitos Aftershaving. The Aftershaving smells like a creamsicle mixed with cigarette smoke- vanilla and orange in amber. Delightful. Still in.

I received a part of my order from December and that really perked me up.

Today's Shave was very good and BBS came naturally.
Soap is definitely VFM and provides enough slickness (for me) to do touch-up without fear of irritation, that is after the 3rd pass.
Shave gears selected by courtesy of Shave Roulette -

Razor : CS-11
Blade : 7 O'clock Black
Brush : Stubby 20 mm Synthetic
Soap : RazoRock Puros
Aftershave : Anherb ASC

Today's delivery (1) and SOTD (2)

IMG_20210112_131228.jpg
IMG_20210112_224742.jpg

Still in. Today's shave:
Prep: Warm shower​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Merkur Progress 510 Long Handle #4​
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Blue Cream, Aloe & Vitamin E​
Brush: Elite Razor Quilted Sapele - 24mm Mother Load​
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Shave Cream Rio Grande Lavender​
Facial Toner: Thayers Original Witch Hazel w/ Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave Balm: Every Man Jack Fragrance Free: Menthyl, chamomile, shea butter, vitamin E​

proxy.php

Top Bottom