What's new

January 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in
I've been separated from my den, locked into using the pictured travel setup + Thayers WH until about 24-Jan

sotd jan (2).JPG

I'm currently missing/yearning for the following, for their respective reasons.

Brushes:
Simpsons Chubby 1/2/3 Manchurians. More robust scrub, more soap pickup, more immersive experience.
Simpsons Duke 3 Manchurian. Bigger handle, more soap pickup.

Razors:
Gillette Fatboy, set above 5: Convenience of TTO saves time, less likely to drop 3 pieces, great size and grip, offers a bit of challenge/variation.
Gillette New Improved, preferably Big Fellow: More blade feel/heft.
Gillette New Deluxe Big Boy/ Common Bar with 17mm plate. Bit more aggressive, longer handle more comfortable to use.
Rex Ambassador: Heft, grip, ability to dial up blade exposure.

Blades:
Feather: The Vintage wilkies I've taken on this trip are fading on shave #4 and the blades are a bit tarnished out of the tuck.

Happy shaves and restraint to all.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
The sun is out! Dim and rather milky, and not expected to last the day, but it's out this morning! First time this year.

So there's still a SS Shark in the red tip Super Speed, and a Duke 3 SiLVERTiP loaded with Proraso 'blue' cream. Followed up with a little bit of Proraso 'blue' aftershave milk and some Italian Floid Amber, 'The Genuine.' I feel refreshed, and I smell like a Milanese dandy.

Still in. Moved to a new razor, the Parker 24C, last night and enjoyed it (new as in my first use of it--I purchased it from the BST last summer). Mostly DFS with a small area of CCS on my neck. Sure to get better as I gain more experience with it.

View attachment 1206818
I've heard that Parker 24C / 68S is a very gentle open comb razor, infact the Open Comb razor from Parker are their mildest offering.
Share your experiences with it and maybe tell us if this is true or not.

Still in and still using my Saponificio Bignoli sample, this time face lathering with my travel brush.

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Jack Black Deep Dive Glycolic Face Cleanser
- Clinique for Men Exfoliating Tonic
- King of Shaves Advanced Shave Oil
- Saponificio Bognoli Indian Sandalwood (sample)

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic acid
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
- Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm
- Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- Edwin Jaggwr DE86
- Personna Israeli Red (5)
- Omega 50014

Still in
Shave off between my pal and my blackbird. The end result was surprisingly close. I really enjoy the bump in efficiency mild single edge razors gain from the stiffness of se blades. Its been about 40 minutes since I shaved and can not see a clear winner. I guess the pal gets it due to ease of use, you can pay very little attention to injectors and still end up with a very close comfortable shave. The fat is great!
0110211528a~2.jpg

Still in
I've been separated from my den, locked into using the pictured travel setup + Thayers WH until about 24-Jan

View attachment 1206629

I'm currently missing/yearning for the following, for their respective reasons.

Brushes:
Simpsons Chubby 1/2/3 Manchurians. More robust scrub, more soap pickup, more immersive experience.
Simpsons Duke 3 Manchurian. Bigger handle, more soap pickup.

Razors:
Gillette Fatboy, set above 5: Convenience of TTO saves time, less likely to drop 3 pieces, great size and grip, offers a bit of challenge/variation.
Gillette New Improved, preferably Big Fellow: More blade feel/heft.
Gillette New Deluxe Big Boy/ Common Bar with 17mm plate. Bit more aggressive, longer handle more comfortable to use.
Rex Ambassador: Heft, grip, ability to dial up blade exposure.

Blades:
Feather: The Vintage wilkies I've taken on this trip are fading on shave #4 and the blades are a bit tarnished out of the tuck.

Happy shaves and restraint to all.
It looks like your doing it really tough...

Still In:
Today's Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Strop: Tony Miller Premium Steerhide Smooth w/ Linen​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Le Grelot 5/8​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso White Cream For Sensitive Skin, Green Tea & Oat​
Brush: Rudy Vey B&B 2020 #23/30 w/ Shavemac Finest 22mm​
Soap: Proraso White Shaving Soap for Sensitive Skin, Green Tea & Oat​
Facial Toner: Thayers Original Witch Hazel w/ Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave Balm: Proraso White for Sensitive Skin, Green Tea & Oat​

proxy.php